Complaint Review: National Home Gardening Club

• Updated: Wed, May 30, 2012

• Reported By: John — Salem Oregon United States of America
National Home Gardening Club
12301Whitewater Drive Minnetonka, Minnesota United States of America

National Home Gardening Club Duped into a wonder world of duplicity Minnetonka, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: NTL Home Gardening Kept It's Promise

I was duped into a solicitiation of gaining a gandening magazine plus a Fiskar Bypass Pruner, a kneeling cushion, $100 Grocery couplon card and $20 in gas rebate coupons.  I sent in my $24 subscription payment.  Twelve days later I recived a "Dues Invoice," requestiong another $24.  I was sent a welcoming letter with insturction to click on "freegift.gardeningclub.com" and request my free gifts.  I got absolutely nowhere with my meandering through three pages of nonsense.  I re-read the welcoming letter again and noticed at the bottom of the letter in small faded fine print that by sending a check I have authorized them to amke a one-time electronic fund transfer from my account, and that I would not received my check back from my financial institution.  You can bet that I will be at my back first thing this morning to cancel any relationship with the National Home Gardening Club.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2011 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Home-Gardening-Club/Minnetonka-Minnesota-55343/National-Home-Gardening-Club-Duped-into-a-wonder-world-of-duplicity-Minnetonka-Minnesota-775437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Home Gardening Club

NTL Home Gardening Kept It's Promise

AUTHOR: stirringtime - (United States of America)

I also joined didn't have any problems I received 2 communications from them (so far) and both times there were packets of seeds and such, the 1st had a letter saying I'll receive my welcome package with details on how to get my free gifts.

The 2nd communication had seeds, 4 gas rebate checks and the instructions on how to get my other free gifts as well. When I saw your complaint I was a little nervous about checking it out but I did, Curiosity I guess. lol

I did check it out and had no problems, the 1st page showed the free gifts I would get and at the bottom right had a box to click that said request my free gifts. (I think anyway my memory is not great)  the 2nd page I had to enter my member number and info and then submit voila it was done.

Maybe there were problems before and now maybe they corrected them.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC