Complaint Review: National Home Gardening Club

• Submitted: Fri, April 06, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, April 11, 2012

• Reported By: suckered — Camas Washington United States of America
National Home Gardening Club

National Home Gardening Club Took my money with promises they apparently don't honor. Internet

*Author of original report: New information on this.

Paid this company $24 for 2 year membership. I was a little surprised to receive the bill for $24 since their original letter stated $12 for one year and said nothing about needing to pay for 2 years up front.  However, I sent it because friend said she had good luck with them but had dropped her membership anyway.

They made promises of free gifts and grocery coupons and gave a web site to request these things.  The web site doesn't exist.  It takes you into their site to subscribe to their magazine. When I tried to contact them thru their provided customer service email address it was undeliverable. I would like my money back but apparently this is just another scam so don't expect to get any return.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Home-Gardening-Club/internet/National-Home-Gardening-Club-Took-my-money-with-promises-they-apparently-dont-honor-In-864843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Home Gardening Club

New information on this.

AUTHOR: suckered - (United States of America)

Upon further follow up I was able to get the customer service phone number for National Home Gardening Club.  1-800-324-8454.

I called and spoke with a very pleasant and professional representative.

She said this web address no longer exists. I told her that due to its non existence they were being reported on line as a scam. She said she would notify her supervisor immediately.

She asked for my member number  which I told her I hadn't received. She said she would send me a new one and then gave me the number. Without my mentioning it she said "I'll send you your free gifts."

assist