Complaint Review: National Home Protection - NHP

• Submitted: Tue, October 16, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, October 16, 2007

• Reported By:Willis Texas
National Home Protection - NHP
42 West 38th Street Internet U.S.A.

National Home Protection - NHP Beware: NHP Refuses to Repair, Replace, or Refund! New York Internet

Our situation involves a claim that was filed on 11/30/06 for a refrigerator. After many unsuccessful attempts to get NHP to provide repair or replacement we contacted the BBB. In response to their mediation, Jonathan Wiggins, a representative from National Home Protection called me at 4:15pm on March 19, 2007 and offered me a very small cash amount rather than repairing or replacing my refrigerator. I told him that I would not accept that amount since it would neither replace nor repair my refrigerator as promised. I told him that I would like for him to cancel my policy and give me a FULL refund. He put me on hold for a few minutes and returned by stating that they had agreed to honor my request and give me a full refund.

Due to the negative reports from other consumers regarding their tactics, I made him verbally confirm to me that I would receive ALL of my money back and that the policy was being cancelled by NHP, not by me, and therefore there would be no cancellation fee deducted from my refund. He assured me that HE was the one cancelling the policy and that I would receive a FULL refund in about 30 days.

Well, a partial refund check came in the mail. I have no idea what reason they have for keeping $250.00 since there was no explanation or correspondence whatsoever enclosed. I have not received ANY services from this company for them to have charged me for. I am the one who has been without a refrigerator since November of 2006. I have not cashed the partial refund as per instructions from the BBB in hopes that a full refund would be forthcoming. This week I received a response from the BBB stating that NHP had refused to give the full refund.

So, I am another NHP customer who has failed to receive the promised REPAIR, REPLACEMENT, OR REFUND I paid almost $500.00 and have received absolutely nothing in return except for broken promises.

We would like the public to know that this company can not be trusted and should not be used when purchasing a home warranty. This company has made a practice of scamming people of their hard earned money rather than live up to their contractual obligations.

Willis, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2007 03:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Home-Protection-NHP/internet/National-Home-Protection-NHP-Beware-NHP-Refuses-to-Repair-Replace-or-Refund-New-York-278959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Home Protection - NHP