Complaint Review: National Home Protection

• Submitted: Tue, August 07, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 07, 2007

• Reported By:Sugar Land Texas
National Home Protection
Claire Court Sugar Land, Texas U.S.A.

National Home Protection ripoff Refused to repair cooktop New York New York

Technicians came out and reported flames are working on the cooktop. Wife told technicians that the flames are not hot enough to cook. I repeated same comments to NHP and NHP sent out the same technicians again.

Technicians made the same comments again and I asked technicians for special tool to measure BTU of the cooktop, non existed. GE told me my cooktop model should put out 15,000BTU which is very strong. I continued dialogue with NHP for about 2 times and one day a guy called from NY told me NHP will not do the repair. His comment was "Is there flame coming from cooktop?". If there is flame then NHP said that the cooktop is working. I tried to tell him that the flame is not strong enough to cook but he was not listening. I know after few minutes of talking that NHP will not pay for the repair and I will curse if I don't hang up the phone. I gave up on this situation.

I bought home warranty from another company and recommend no one to buy from NHP. You do not want to be in my shoes back then. Bought new cooktop to keep wife happy.

Kim
Sugar Land, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2007 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Home-Protection/Sugar-Land-Texas-77478/National-Home-Protection-ripoff-Refused-to-repair-cooktop-New-York-New-York-265842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Home Protection