Complaint Review: National Income Life Insurance Company

• Submitted: Wed, February 17, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, March 07, 2012

• Reported By: Upset customer — ? New York U.S.A.
National Income Life Insurance Company
Flushing, NY Flushing,NY, New York United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

National Income Life Insurance Company SCAM-DON'T attend interview1 Flushing,, New York

*Consumer Comment: Might not be a scam, but certainly unscrupulous

*General Comment: COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL, STAY AWAY

*General Comment: So Should I go ????

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: All HR reps need training @ National Income

*Consumer Comment: Its not a scam

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I'm Glad I Did Continue Through The Interview Process & Got Hired

This company tried to recuit me and called many times to get me to attend an interview.  I did but was not impressed-It  seemed very shady and they had 20-30 people in the waiting room.  They tried to invite me to a 2nd interview that day(informing me that it was the 2nd of 3 interview).

I respectfully denied.

I don't recommend you even take the time to speak with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2010 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Income-Life-Insurance-Company/FlushingNY-New-York-/National-Income-Life-Insurance-Company-SCAM-DONT-attend-interview1-Flushing-New-York-570864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Income Life Insurance Company

Might not be a scam, but certainly unscrupulous

AUTHOR: Joshua H - (United States of America)

They have now contacted me twice, after being told the first time that I was not interested in a sales position. This time, the individual on the phone attempted to dodge my question of whether or not it was a commission-based position by acting indignant and telling me to come to an interview to discuss the position. I nearly hung up on him, at that point, but persisted and eventually got him to admit that it was not a salaried position, and was entirely based on commission. I respectfully declined, but will not be as cordial, if they call me again.

#2 General Comment

COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL, STAY AWAY

AUTHOR: JDS - (United States of America)

STAY AWAY.

Any real business person will avoid these jokers like the plague.  I was contacted for a manager position.  I first refused the HR offer for an interview until they confirmed this was a salary position.  The HR person put me in touch with the hiring manager.  His demeanor and rapport was that of a school ground hustler.  He used improper English and I could tell he didnt have a college education or know what he was talking about.  I asked a few industry standard questions that anyone within the insurance industry should know and he couldnt answer.  I was then told that I was uncoachable and probably wouldnt be a good fit.  This was as he flushed the toilet in the background.  Very professional

If you are looking for a real career, I would keep looking.  This is an insurance chop shop of amateurs trying to make a quick buck.

#3 General Comment

So Should I go ????

AUTHOR: territ - (United States of America)

I was just called in today Jan. 13 for an interview on Tuesday. This report made me very nervous about heading all the way out there . Would you suggest I go . I asked straight up if it was comissioned or hourly and i was told it was hourly pay.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

All HR reps need training @ National Income

AUTHOR: Scammers - (United States of America)

After speaking with Elaina in the HR dept (?) This company needs many things, 1st: someone that knows he/she job?  2. if your discussing your companies profile to sell the JOB F!@#EN know the JOB!.

3. If the party your trying to interview asks questions about the companie to make sure your companies not a scam and the HR rep doesn't know the answer DON"T SAY to the person asking the question "why are you yelling"  so you can offend the person your trying to interview......  REMEMBER YOU CALLLED THEM.   AND by the way,  fortune 400 companies your NOT!  so that's the 1st lie, 2nd lie, ME: is this a salary job or commision ONLY ??  HR rep: I don't know,  Me: Don't you work in HR?  HR rep:  why are you yelling ?  ME: Oh so when you don't like one of my questions you state i'm yelling so then you can cut the conversation off??  HR rep: If your not interested in the job thats fine.  ME: I didn't say I was or wasn't just had some questions before I make my decision.  This companies HR rep SUCK!  They have no clue how to sell this company job openings ....  lol  what a joke,  don't call me a$$holes

Its not a scam

AUTHOR: PMA1145 - (United States of America)

Remember, in New York State you are protected. There are no Insurance companies that are allowed to work in NY State that do not have a home office in NY State. They have to pass rigorous tests to allow them to have a home office in NY State. What you were thinking is that its a sales job and its not what you think, if you have questions about the type of Insurance Sales they do, please do not go to the interview. Its a SALES job. Its about selling legitimate insurance to people. If you don't have the drive or the ambition to make it work, don't go. But, if you want to work hard, follow through on your goals and you don't mind working hard (said that twice for a reason) then its a very lucrative opportunity just like all the other legitimate opportunities out there. But do not post about a scam when you really don't have a clue, it makes you look like a loser. They are legitimate and if you had checked with the NY State Insurance commissioner's office they would have told you the same thing.

I do not work for them but as a solid Insurance Salesperson I can tell you that they are not a scam.

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I'm Glad I Did Continue Through The Interview Process & Got Hired

AUTHOR: Mark - (USA)

The person filing said he "was not impressed" and did not proceed.

I was one of a group of people waiting to be interviewed that day I went in, over a year ago.

I went through the 3 step interview process and was made an offer which I accepted.

Today, over a year later, I have received 3 promotions and everything they told me about in the initial 3 interviews has come true.

There are only 2 things I ask for from a career.  Make a lot of money and have a lot of fun.  I am happy to say I have found both at National Income working for the Flushing, NY office.