Complaint Review: National Insurance Agency

• Updated: Thu, January 06, 2011

• Reported By: James — miami Florida United States of America
National Insurance Agency
14800 Quorum Drive, Ste 500 Dallas, Texas United States of America

National Insurance Agency NIA, Larry McClendon, Roth Robertson THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY, RUN AWAY FROM THEM AND DON'T LOOK BACK Dallas, Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: National Insurance Agency now worse than ever!

*Author of original report: Let the truth be told.

*UPDATE Employee: See the lawsuit

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ex-employee

*UPDATE Employee: NOTICE OF SUBPOENA AND DEPOSITION

*UPDATE Employee: Notice of Suit and Deposition and Rebuttal

National Insurance Agency is the worst of the worst. They advertise themselves as NIA is the Leader in Career Agents & GA Sales, Support, Innovative Technology, Training, Status and Payroll!

Pure Hogwash.

This is really an insurance agent pyramid scheme that is designed to suck you in, and steal your money. They are blood sucking vampires.

They will change your contract at will, and when you complain, they threaten to sue you. They actually have a full time lawyer in their office and his day is full just dealing with all of Larry's legal problems.

Roth Robertson is the real "brains" behind the operation. (more like sh*t for brains) We have not heard from Larry, the CEO and primary agent, for some time, and I think Roth has pretty much taken over the operation and is currently running it into the ground.

There are plenty of legitimate General Agents out there that will train you  AND support you, AND NOT STEAL YOUR MONEY.

I was with them for 3 years, and I almost went bankrupt from their mis-treatment. I tried to leave after a few month, but they structure your commissions so you have to stay and keep selling their crap or the bottom will fall out from under you. This is just like AMWAY. I finally just gave up, and left the insurance business alltogether.

Thank you NIA for screwing up my life.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2010 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Insurance-Agency/Dallas-Texas-75254/National-Insurance-Agency-NIA-Larry-McClendon-Roth-Robertson-THEY-WILL-STEAL-YOUR-MONEY-564737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Insurance Agency

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

National Insurance Agency now worse than ever!

AUTHOR: JusticeForAll - (United States of America)

Roth Robertson has left National Insurance Agency since this original report was filed. NIA is now run directly by Larry McClendon. Since that time things have gotten much worse at National Insurance Agency, not better. Many agents are not getting paid. When they complain agents are threatened with termination and lawsuits. This original post is a perfect example. Please note: A complaint was made on this website. Did National Insurance Agency counter with a rebuttal? No! What immediately followed was the posting of a lawsuit. That is Larry McClendon's knee jerk reaction to everything. When in doubt, SUE!

Marsha Halpern, NIA's attorney, is a full time in-house employee of National Insurance Agency who earns her salary by perverting the use of the legal system, using it as a weapon to intimidate agents contracted with National Insurance Agency from pursuing money rightfully owed to them. Ms. Halpern has an interesting past:

See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/080502.ZOR.html

D-2304 IN THE MATTER OF DISBARMENT OF MARSHA M. HALPERN

Marsha M. Halpern, of Dallas, Texas, having been suspended from the practice of law in this Court by order of April 29, 2002; and a rule having been issued and served upon her requiring her to show cause why she should not be disbarred; and the time to file a response having expired; It is ordered that Marsha M. Halpern is disbarred from the practice of law in this Court.

She was later reinstated after an 18 month suspension and probation.

The salary Larry McClendon pays to Ms. Halpern is simply a cost of doing business to National Insurance Agency. The fact that Larry McClendon's attorney has had an ethically challenged history is of no concern to him. Many insurance agents don't have the means to hire an attorney to defend themselves. Larry McClendon is aware of this and has used this fact to NIA's advantage. He realized some time ago all he needs to do is file a lawsuit and many agents will just walk away.

James, the original author of this post, put it very well when he said "There are plenty of legitimate General Agents out there that will train you AND support you, AND NOT STEAL YOUR MONEY." Larry McClendon and his National Insurance Agency is precisely the kind of organization that gives the insurance industry a bad name. My advice is to stay very far away from National Insurance Agency and Larry McClendon!

I suspect the reason you don't see more complaints about NIA on this and other websites devoted to scams is a direct result of the legal scare tactics employed by Larry McClendon and National Insurance Agency. It is for that same reason I have chosen to remain anonymous. But don't be surprised if following this post you see another "John Doe" lawsuit filed against me for speaking the truth on this forum. If you would like to avoid the same fate do yourself a favor and avoid National Insurance Agency and the other companies owned and operated by Larry G. McClendon:

National Insurance Agency http://www.nia.biz

National Capital Corporation http://www.nationalcapital.biz

Best Health Quote http://www.besthealthquote.net

National Benefit Plan http://www.nationalbenefitplan.net

Ivirtual Office http://www.ivirtualoffice.biz

VIP Text Reservations http://viptextreservations.com

Let the truth be told.

AUTHOR: James Cramer - (USA)

Mike Lentini Here.

Sorry this has gotten way out of hand. I am currently being sued by NIA. My friend James Cramer actually got me into this lawsuit when he came on to this website and posted comments in the first submission that are entirely untrue. He has never been employed by NIA or any affiliates with NIA. Which actually make this entire report on this website null and void, and should be deleted because it violates the terms of service from this website. I am very sorry and i wish this could be deleted by it will never be deleted according to the terms of service for his site. These lies will forever come up on any search engine when searching for NIA, National Insurance Agency. There was a new product we began to market, I did not like the product, I did not want to market it, and that is the reason I was let go from NIA for insubordination. Out of anger and jealousy I vented to my friend, which he came on to this website and lied in the original post. After I found out I was being sued I came on here for the first time actually and posted a rebuttal. It was not a real rebuttal and did not follow the terms of service. It was another angered attempt to scorn my former Employee even more but the legal ramifications for my lies are far worse then the small backlash NIA received to due this false report. I am trying to make amends here, and let other Insurance Agents know NIA will not steal your money and run. They offer many services many other MGA's wish they could offer to their agents. NIA has been in business since 1996 and has received many awards and accolades for the superior business it does. I am very sorry for letting any of this happen, and I hope ripoff-report will delete this report in its entirety for my friend James Cramer not following the originl terms of service. Sorry for running NIA, Larry's and Roth's name through the dirt.

See the lawsuit

AUTHOR: M. M. Halpern - (United States of America)

Mr. Lentini was not an employee of N.I.A.  He was an independent contractor with his own business.  He was terminated with cause for a number of reasons.  He is currently being sued for defamation.  Mr. Lentini's associate/partner who posted the defamatory post, James Kramer, never worked for N.I.A. as an employee or independent contractor.  Both gentlemen are being sued in Dallas, Texas for their defamation of N.I.A. and its employees.  Anything that either gentleman alleges should be considered in light of this.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Ex-employee

AUTHOR: Micheal L - (United States of America)

I am an ex-employee (contractor) of NIA. (insurance agent)

NIA owes me money from commissions and they made up a lousy excuse to withhold them and not pay me. They told me they would pay me, and then they changed their minds and refused to pay me. Then they told me to come back in 1 year, but they still owe me the money.

The commissions I did receive, I had to fight and fight for them including many e-mails, phone calls, and 1 in person visit with their CFO and staff attorney. I spent 6 hours with the CFO trying to sort out their dated commission software.

They stated things to me that were not in their contract. They told me there was a 2-year wait before I could collect my commissions they withheld. I didn't see that anywhere in my contracts??

They charged me 18% interest on commission advances when I first started, after they told me it would only be 10%. 18% is about average for this business, but they should not have misled me in the first place.

I wrote a letter to the CEO with some complaints and ways to fix the problems that we were both facing.

Instead of thanking me for trying to help out and solve the problems, he decided to fire me and threatened to sue me if I didn't pay him back over $15,000 in advanced commissions within 30 days. I paid him in full within the 30 days.

They promised to pay me the as-earned commissions and the reserve account money back over the nexy year, as they were paid, but I only was able to collect some of that and it was a struggle.

NIA also threatened to sue me on another occasion when I tried to collect past due commissions.

The employees of NIA, including the CEO of NIA sent ME numerous e-mails with vulgar words and graphic pictures that were outrageous and disgusting. I have all of these e-mails and I think the insurance commissioners of every state NIA is licensed in would really like to see them, since they would not condone this behavior.

Roth actually runs the operation, in my opinion. I have heard this also from many employees and ex-employees of NIA.

This is one of the e-mails I received from Larry McClendon on Dec 3, 2010.

****Look, you have responded and treated Michael like a complete a*****e with no respect what so ever. You will deal with Marsha from this point forward, and if you send one more threatening email to my staff I will sue your a*s. You have been paid on everything you are due and if you dont like something or the way it is handled you go to Marsha. I fired you because you behaved like a complete disrepectfull, smart a*s, a*****e with no respect for anyone or how the company operated, so shut you d**n mouth, take a lesson on how as earned commissions are paid and maybe you will be half as smart a*s as you think you are! You think you can walk your smart a*s in to an company that has been operating for a decade in the industry and you know better, well think again my friend. Do not cc me, Michael, Roth or anyone except Marsha again you f**king p***k. You get paid every f**king month! So dont pull you bullshit on me. There will be no communication or phone calls from anyone at this office except thru Marsha Halpern at ext 114. ****

Here is another e-mail I received from Larry McClendon on Dec 3, 2010

****You are a complete nut, why would anyone from this office go to your website? Who know you even have a web site?? Do you think we have time to go to your site for any freeking reason, hell no! Why would we? Take your bullshit down the road and sell it somewhere else. Our site also captures information so two can play at that game and we all know number and address can be manipulated. You deal only with Marsha, your on notice. She is the legal for this company and the employees and you deal and communicate only with her and your bullshit will not fly with her****

Is this really how a CEO and LICENSED insurance agent should act?

Based on their behavior, and the breach of contract on their end by not paying me the agreed amount, and the apparent harassment via-e-mail, I am able to post this important information.

You can form your own opinion if you want to work with these people, but I am glad I got out when I did.

Michael L.

Texas

NOTICE OF SUBPOENA AND DEPOSITION

AUTHOR: M. M. Halpern - (United States of America)

Dear James:  I previously notifie you that my clients had filed suit in N.I.A.- National Insurance Agency, Inc., NIA-Asset Protection Group, Inc., Larry G. McClendon, and Roth Robertson vs. John Doe, Cause Number DC-10-01948-B, and was filed in the 44th Judicial District Court, Dallas, Dallas County, Texas and that my clients intended to file suit in Maricopa County, AZ in order to obtain a subpoena for XCentric Ventures, LLC (XCentric), the company that owns and does business as Ripoffreport.com and on Ed Magedson, its corporate representative, President, and Manager, in order to obtain your name, address, and other contact information.  Suit has been filed in the Maricopa County Superior court of Arizona, Cause No. CV2010-008101, styled National Insurance Agency, Inc., NIA-Asset Protection Group, Inc., Larry G. McClendon, and Roth Robertson (Plaintiffs) vs. John Doe (Defendant).  The Court has signed an order granting the request for the subpoena and deposition of XCentric Ventures, LLC (XCentric), the company that owns and does business as Ripoffreport.com and on Ed Magedson, its corporate representative, President, and Manager.  This post is notice to you of the issuance of the subpoena and notice of the deposition as well as of the Court's Order granting same.  Please take note that the deposition XCentric Ventures, LLC (XCentric), the company that owns and does business as Ripoffreport.com and on Ed Magedson, its corporate representative, President, and Manager, is scheduled for May 28, 2010, at 10:00 a.m., at the law offices of Ryan Rapp & Underwood, PLC, 3200 N. Central Avenue, Suite 1600, Phoenx, Arizona 85012.

If you would like to respond to the subpoena and discovery request, please send me an e-mail at mhalpern@nia.biz. You have the right to challenge the subpoena and notice of deposition in Arizona court. I suggest that you retain a lawyer to assist you. I remain............Respectfully yours, Marsha M. Halpern, Esq.

Notice of Suit and Deposition and Rebuttal

AUTHOR: M. M. Halpern - (United States of America)

Dear James: I represent National Insurance Agency, Inc., Larry McClendon, and Roth Robertson in a lawsuit that my clients recently filed against you for posting allegedly false and defamatory statements on Ripoffreport.com. The lawsuit is styled N.I.A.- National Insurance Agency, Inc., NIA-Asset Protection Group, Inc., Larry G. McClendon, and Roth Robertson vs. John Doe, Cause Number DC-10-01948-B, and was filed in the 44th Judicial District Court, Dallas, Dallas County, Texas. The lawsuit alleges that you are guilty of defamation, defamation per se, and libel per se. If you have any specific questions about the case, you may contact me via e-mail at mhalpern@nia.biz. Within the next week or so, my clients will file an application for the issuance of a subpoena duces tecum in an Arizona court seeking permission to serve a subpoena on XCentric Ventures, LLC (XCentric), the company that owns and does business as Ripoffreport.com and on Ed Magedson, its corporate representative, President, and Manager. The subpoena will require XCentric to reveal your name, address, and other contact information. Arizona law requires that I give you notice of this pending discovery request via the same medium that the allegedly false and defamatory statements were originally published. By this post, I hereby give you notice of N.I.A.-National Insurance Agency, Inc., NIA-Asset Protection Group, Inc., Larry G. McClendon, and Roth Robertsons pending discovery request. If you would like to respond to the discovery request, please send me an e-mail at mhalpern@nia.biz. You have the right to challenge the request in Arizona court. I suggest that you retain a lawyer to assist you. I remain Respectfully yours, Marsha M. Halpern, Esq.