Complaint Review: National Loan Restructuring

• Updated: Wed, April 25, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Clarkston Michigan USA
National Loan Restructuring
1955 S. Military Trail West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

National Loan Restructuring Atlas Financial Refund being strung along badly. Will post results, positive or negative, within the week. West Palm Beach, Florida

*General Comment: No surprise

*Author of original report: Ripped off out of Attorney Fried's Office in Southfield Michigan

Robert Ready of NLR was introduced to me by my Financial Advisor who had had a good experience with NLR/Atlas. My wife and I met with Ed Miller at the offices of a long time trusted attorney in the area. After some discussions and assurances of a prompt refund we decided to leave a deposit for services. Before services were rendered we agreed to try another option, not involving NLR. When that option was unsuccessful and our family situation had changed, we asked for our refund. We were told by Ed Miller that that would be no problem however it never happened. After two months of calls I was told that the refund was delayed because the secretary had been out with a cold (For Two Months?).

I then contacted Robert Ready who advised me that the company offices were moving that month and could I be patient during that time. I told him I understood but would like to move forward as soon as the move was made as I had already been waiting two months. After the move I was advised that the check would be processed and sent within the next 60 to 90 days. None of this was what was agreed upon either initially when posting the money or when asking for the refund.

90 days has now passed and no check. My Financial Advisor placed a call of inquiry for me and a Charlie Stevens called me back and left a message that the check would be mailed next week. Another delay.

After some flimsy excuses and five months of delays I am not a very happy camper. I expect the check to arrive this week and will report on this site if NLR keeps their word or finds other reasons to delay in which case I will need to seek other remedy.

I am hoping that this unpleasant encounter ends as a win win for both NLR and myself rather than a lose lose situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2011 02:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Loan-Restructuring/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-/National-Loan-Restructuring-Atlas-Financial-Refund-being-strung-along-badly-Will-post-re-692267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Loan Restructuring

#1 General Comment

No surprise

AUTHOR: Nora - (U.S.A.)

Harold Fried is not known, from what I have experienced personally and what I can "Google," for honesty.  He is mainly interested in protecting himself.  As his firm's website conveys, "he thinks out of the box," but what it does not convey is that he also has the ability to think ahead and protect himself.  I am a former wife.  He ripped me off too, but in ways that are far deeper and permanent, and I realize now should have involved a lawsuit of my own against his firm.  Good luck.

Ripped off out of Attorney Fried's Office in Southfield Michigan

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

This is a late update but I promised to keep others posted on results.

Ed Miller and his cronies have failed at every turn to keep their promises.  Never did anything for us and never came through on promises to repay our  $2,000.   I have given them the benefit of the doubt but have been ripped off.  For now.  I will not give up and hope other will not either.  Does anyone know about class actions suits or contacting the Florida attorney generals office?

I did business with these guys partly because they were doing business through who I thought was a respectable attorney's office (Fried & Saperstein PC, Harold S. Fried 29800 Telegraph Rd., Southfield, Michigan 48034  tx 248-353-6500).  I name names and will also give credit where credit is due, but so far no money.