Complaint Review: National Magazine Exchange Aka N.M.E Aka Special Data Processing

• Submitted: Thu, July 08, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 08, 2004

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
National Magazine Exchange Aka N.M.E Aka Special Data Processing
16120 US HIGHWAY 19 N CLEARWATER, Florida U.S.A.

National Magazine Exchange, Aka N.M.E, Aka Special Data Processing Ripoff I just got a letter from some collection agency saying I owe $278.32 CLEARWATER Florida

My brother joined the US Army two years ago and has been able to travel home only a couple of weeks each year.
A few months ago we started receiving magazines for him, I emailed him about this and his response? Never have and never will subscribe to any magazine, newspaper, newsletter..period.

We then started receiving billing notices from NME, so I tried calling them and couldn't get through at all. So I called the magazine itself to tell them we hadn't purchased any subscription and would like to cancel the account. Done! Of course a few days later there are more magazines in the mail. I'll have to spend what little free time I have after work calling these mags individually to explain the situation and hopefully close as easily as the first.

This seems to me to be the only option, however temporary. I am even more peeved now that I just got a letter from some collection agency saying I owe $278.32, saying how I better watch myself cuz they're not ever gonna stop coming after me. Of course I'm paraphrasing, the actual words they used were "..pursue payment diligently," and "Govern yourself accordingly."
How about that? These guys definitely need to be put down.

Steve
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2004 09:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange-Aka-NME-Aka-Special-Data-Processing/CLEARWATER-Florida-33764/National-Magazine-Exchange-Aka-NME-Aka-Special-Data-Processing-Ripoff-I-just-got-a-let-98172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange Aka N.M.E Aka Special Data Processing