Complaint Review: National Magazine Exchange - Pat Haines - Strike It Rich V Sweepstakes

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 23, 2007

• Reported By:Saint Johns Michigan
National Magazine Exchange - Pat Haines - Strike It Rich V Sweepstakes
16120 U. S. 19 North Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

National Magazine Exchange - Pat Haines - Strike It Rich V Sweepstakes ripoff left out information fraudulent dishonest False advertisment Clearwater Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: To Good To Be True

They sent a pink envelope and it was blacked out in the front it was confidential information. It had the Cookbook Digest logo on it. Which I doubt they are even backed by the Cookbook Digest. They gave me 2 numbers that they gave me if I ever wanted to cancel. I barely caught the numbers and had to have them repeat several times. The first number I received was 1-888-425-5874. I called this number after I saw $67.80 taken out of my bank account. I thought I had heard the amount they were going to charge me was something like $12-14 or something like that. I am sure they have recorded so they can try to defend their scam if needed. The number that I called we a nice lady that said she was a company called At Home Rewards. She could not find anything with ALL the information that I gave her. She said that there wasn't even an account for me. I thought it was a little awkward too that this was a completely different company then the sweepstakes company and I asked the lady if she has heard anything about this company or this sweepstakes and she said NO. The second number was 1-888-840-6303. I didn't even bother calling that because by this time I had realized that I had been taken advantage of by some greedy, conniving, con artists. I am willing to fight them full force because this is not right what they are doing. They have to be doing something Illegal and I want to help bust them for all they are worth.

Taeia
Saint Johns, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2007 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange-Pat-Haines-Strike-It-Rich-V-Sweepstakes/Clearwater-Florida-33764/National-Magazine-Exchange-Pat-Haines-Strike-It-Rich-V-Sweepstakes-ripoff-left-out-inf-239955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange - Pat Haines - Strike It Rich V Sweepstakes

#1 Consumer Suggestion

To Good To Be True

AUTHOR: Dotty - (U.S.A.)

I have received a pink letter from Pat Haines "Strike It Rich V" Sweepstakes and that they have been trying to reach me regarding $2,100,000.00 with the Better Homes and Gardens Logo. I was so tempted who wouldn't want to win that kind of money.

I read it a few times still I was tempted but I decided not to call instead I googled NME and glad I did I saw these reports.

So like they say if its too good to be true it sure is.