Complaint Review: National Magazine Exchange

• Submitted: Mon, January 30, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 30, 2006

• Reported By:Fremont Ohio
National Magazine Exchange
16120 U.s. 19 North P.O. Box 9084 Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

National Magazine Exchange ripoff, I recieved green postcard saying they were trying to reach me They tried very hard to get my bank and visa numbers, I did not give them out. A few days later I recieved a letter telling me of choices of magazines and my payment was due. Will I still be made to pay even though I haven't recieved magazines Clearwater Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Slamming

I called the 800 # and they said thier offer was a magazine bargain. I picked 2 and they wanted my visa card # i refused, and was transferred to someone else who tried again to obtain the information, again I was transferred to yet another person who wanted me to give her my routing number to my checking account I flatly refused,

A few days later I recieved a confirmation letter with 5 magazines that I did not want. My payment was due . Will they be able to attach this to my credit report?

I am a senior citizen on a fixed income.

Opal
Fremont, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2006 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange/Clearwater-Florida-33758-9084/National-Magazine-Exchange-ripoff-I-recieved-green-postcard-saying-they-were-trying-to-re-173881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Slamming

AUTHOR: Chuck - (U.S.A.)

Whatever you do Opal, don't return the confirmation letter, that makes the "sale" legitimate. They are trying to slam you, much the same way the long distance companies did in the 80's and early 90's. Contact your Police, fraud division and file a complaint. You may also wish to contact your State Attorney General's Office. Also send an advisory to the 3 Credit Bureaus telling them what SDP (NME) may attempt.

NME is now down to about 500 employees, the efforts made from people on this website has been paying off. Their desperation seems to be increasing and are pulling incredibly stupid moves, such as this. As they steadfastly refuse to operate honestly, they will be dust.

Again people, put away your own greed. There is NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH THERE IS NO SANTA. When you allow people like this to take you, it is your own fault for not living in the real world, I don't care how old you are. In fact, the elderly, the most experienced among us should be the MOST cautious.

Pack it in Bill Hood, you are going down.