Complaint Review: National Magazine Exchange

• Submitted: Fri, January 23, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 21, 2009

• Reported By:pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
National Magazine Exchange
16120 Us Highway 19 North Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

National Magazine Exchange BIG TIME RIP OFF - NEW OWNERS AGORA MARKETING Clearwater Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ann - I am lucky, I am now an ex-employee, can you give us some updates about NME? People Ann is correct - just hang up!!!

*UPDATE Employee: Beware callers

You need to be aware of this company, once you buy a magazine package,they will call you and trick you into more years so you could end up have 12 years of magazines being delivered and each time you are being billed on a new order. They target the old people who can't seem to understand what they are ordering and they don't check their cc bills to see that they are being billed more than once and even sometimes a totally different price. Packages range from 51.48 for 1 yr, 2yr 154. 3yr 201. 4yr 359.

they break it down into monthly payments and offer you this piece of crap watch that's worth nothing, they state it's a genuine diamond, sorry but it's a cheap plastic band and a piece of glass the watch normally breaks or is already broken. YOU NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY some of the magazines you order they get for free from the publishers and charge you, the publishers give them big discounts for you buying their magazines.

Also you need to know that if you sign up for a 4year order you are more than likely going to get an invoice in the mail from the magazine asking you to renew your order if you do this you will be getting magazines from two different sources. BEWARE STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ispy
pittsburgh,, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2009 12:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange/Clearwater-Florida-33758/National-Magazine-Exchange-BIG-TIME-RIP-OFF-NEW-OWNERS-AGORA-MARKETING-Clearwater-Florid-415155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Ann,
Is Scott Brady now gone?
Are those guys Rob Paolilo and Drew Frost still there?
Did Kathy Margatondo retire?
Do druggie's still live in the parking lot in their cars?

Ipsy PLEASE tell us more?

People People People just do not buy those magazines.

AUTHOR: Ann - (U.S.A.)

I am an employee unfortuntely of special data processing (agora) and want to give anyone that gets a mail piece from us DONT CALL!!!!!!! unless you want to be hounded with rebuttals each time you say no. We are trained to keep going until you pick 2!!!! or you hang up!!!!!!!! so please HANG UP!!! most of us that work there are nice people and we do have hearts but to save our A@@ we have to keep going so again please HANG UP!!! after they say your entry is complete and registered or when you call and give your entry number because you are entered in the sweepstakes unless you want to buy magazines stay on the line.

BUT DONT BUY MAGAZINES, DONT GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!! BUY THEM ON THE NEWS STAND YOUR SAFER!!

By the way I am looking for another job but with tough times now its not easy but I know there is something out there that treats their employees and customers better then here. I could go on and on about how bad this company is but it would take way too long so please just take my advice and throw those mail pieces away, burn them so no one finds them, take care and have a great year!!