Complaint Review: National Magazine Exchange

• Submitted: Wed, November 26, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 05, 2008

• Reported By:Windsor Pennsylvania
National Magazine Exchange
1612019 North,PO Box9084, Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

National Magazine Exchange Just CALL the National Magazines Exchange! Clearwater Florida Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Instructions to get a refund. This works and is easy. Congatuations Josey.

*Author of original report: Natonal Magazine Exchange Problem resolved, I just Called them!

Hi everyone that says NME(National Magazine Exchange) is a ripoff! I thought they were too after reading all of these reports. They did push me hard enough to buy more magazines and entered me in the sweepstakes too.
But! When I found out how much I was being charged, I simply gave them a call at 1-800-301-6247. They removed my order immediately, and what little I did pay for they gave me the same magazines for 2 years and cancelled all other payments. So here is the number, give them a call.
I hope this helps!

Josey
Windsor, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2008 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange/Clearwater-Florida-33758/National-Magazine-Exchange-Just-CALL-the-National-Magazines-Exchange-Clearwater-Florida-F-395436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Instructions to get a refund. This works and is easy. Congatuations Josey.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Folks this really works for a cancelation and refund. You have worked very hard for your money so don't let these magazine sales people take it from you.

Call customer retention and do the following. (call 800-301-6247 or 800-325-3155 or 727-524-3600 or 727-535-0205). If you get someone who isn't helping HANG UP and call again.

The following data came from an employee in the customer retention dept.

We have rules. When someone threatens to call their credit card company and reverse the charge, and call the Better Business Bureau, and the Attorney General, and their lawyer, and the AUDIT BUREAU OF CIRCULATION, we CAN NOT try and 'save' the account we have to go straight to canceling the account with a full refund. If someone does make a threat and we don't cancel the account we'll get in trouble.

'I'm an employee of the national magazine exchange, I work in the Customer Service department actually called Customer RETENTION, because our job is to get the customers not to cancel their account. We get commission based on 'cancel requests' saved. We are scripted and have certain offers we have to make. First we try and spread the payments out then give them 4 years for the price of 3....and so on.

For people turned into a collection agency tell them you cancelled or that you want to cancel as above. NME uses collection agencies as a bluff but hasn't turned people over to the credit rating bureaus because they do not want the law after them. Try calling back and demanding a refund. That will work and they will leave you alone. If a collection agency calls tell them you cancelled and they will close your account. BE FIRM. In 20 years NME has never reported people to the credit rating bureaus

NME offers refunds. It's your money so demand that it be refunded. Also if you waited too long you can still cancel years 2, 3, and 4. NME does not pay for those years until the year begins. They can always cancel any later year that has not started and if the phone rep says otherwise they are lying.

Natonal Magazine Exchange Problem resolved, I just Called them!

AUTHOR: Josey - (U.S.A.)