• Report: #411990

• Submitted: Wed, January 14, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 14, 2009

• Reported By:Lynn Massachusetts
National Magazine Exchange
16120 US Hwy 19 North Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

National Magazine Exchange Ripped off our account Clearwater Florida

Back in August of 2008 my fiance was called by a company offering such wonderful things that she in a moment of weakness accepted. She is disabled and on a finite budget. When I found out that she did this while on her medication I called the company back and talked to a representative. I got the "extras" cancelled, but they said that she had to keep the Time and Glamour magazines at a total of $68. We accepted that as she did say yes.

They sent a letter to her that stated that they canceled the rest of the order and that they would not take any more money from her account. In going over my fiance's bank account this past December, I found that they have been taking two withdrawals for $14.95 each every month since August.

We have now called the bank and began fraud proceedings against the company. We don't have a lawyer lined up yet, but I will be talking to one soon if they do not satisfy our request for reinbursement of the monies thay have stolen from her. They cannot access the account now, and within a day of their "usual" withdrawal they were calling our house to "find out how the magazines were coming to her." We called the customer service department and every person that we talked to tried to give us another number to call. We are fed up with this and are now waiting on the bank to guide us on the next step.

Tigerjackh
Lynn, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange/Clearwater-Florida-33759/National-Magazine-Exchange-Ripped-off-our-account-Clearwater-Florida-411990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange