Complaint Review: National Magazine Exchange

• Submitted: Fri, November 21, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2003

• Reported By:Honolulu Hawaii
National Magazine Exchange
16120 U.S 19 North Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

National Magazine Exchange Strike It Rich Ripoff! Clearwater Florida

I received a sweepstakes entry notification from N.M.E and although it looked interesting, I researched it on the internet first.

I found this web-site and read these stories claiming that N.M.E was a scam. Before I did this though, I took the paper to a faculty member at my college and he says Florida is a popular place for scam artists to organized their scams.

I decided to call them and see for myself. When they asked for a credit card, I said I didn't have one; debit, I said no again. When in truth I did. I wanted to see what this company was about. After disclosing that I did not have a credit/debit card, they asked me to hold. Another operator picked up saying that I had a choice between a men or lady watch and that I could four magazines a week for 99 cents. The choices of magazines did not even fit my interests yet they were demanding that I pick two. Now doesn't that sound strange?

I finally stated very clearly that I did not want any magazines at all. They asked me to hold again and I hung up. Don't waste your time with this scheming company.

April
Honolulu, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2003 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange/Clearwater-Florida-33764/National-Magazine-Exchange-Strike-It-Rich-Ripoff-Clearwater-Florida-72728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange