• Report: #1119920

• Reported By: Marcus — Golden Valley Arizona
National Magazine Exchange
Clearwater, Florida USA

National Magazine Exchange NME What a bunch of crooks! Clearwater Florida

*UPDATE Employee: We are told to pitch anything with a mouth!

*Consumer Comment: So wait...

Somehow NME roped in my wife, 80 years old and suffering dementia. When I saw the charges on our credit card statement I called to see what it was for. They said she had sucscribed to a list of magazines and this was a recurring charge. and we would get i9nformation by mail. When we received the list we called them on speaker phone. The list was extensive and included magazines an 80 year old infirmed (white) woman who neither cooks, sews, cleans, or gardens; would have no use for.

One of the titles was Seventeen, another was Ebony, another was a gourmet cooking mag. ect. After a long and heated conversation they asked why we hadn't specified our prefference for the "his and hers" watches. I told them we didn'y need or want their watches, we wanted to cancel all subscriptions and get a refund. They agreed to cancel most of the subscriptions and make two refunds one for $33. something and another for $64.something. We got the $33. one, but not the other.

I went to the mailbox today and returned with yet another issue of Seventeen. To say they are un scrupulous is putting it mildly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2014 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange/Clearwater-Florida/National-Magazine-Exchange-NME-What-a-bunch-of-crooks-Clearwater-Florida-1119920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange

We are told to pitch anything with a mouth!

AUTHOR: The TRUTH shall SET You FREE - ()

60% of our callers are the elderly and the company knows this as they profile the elderly, blacks, hispanics, and poor white people wholive in trailer parks.

We have to give four rebuttals per person. That is four no and since i have a conscious I quit because I would not want someone to badger my grandparents.

NME averages 50 people who quit a qeek. There training system is like a farm system. 3/4 of their agents work from home in the state of GA, FL, or SC. Think Direct Marketing Group always posts ads about their work from home agent positons on Monster.com or Career Builder.

Also, I know for a fact that this company send sweepstakes entrys to people who just purchased the magazines with the hope and prayer that they forgot that they justt purchased the magazines.

Many people who work for this company especially in Largo, FL are drug addicts, alcoholics, or retired individials. The supervisors treat their employees very badly. But Think Direct Marketing aka NME just wants the tax credits for welware people and/or veterans.

I am working on a case against the company and I worked their as an experient to learn how the company works.

This company makes over $1,000,000 per week off of the lower class and give them the promise of winning a non-existant sweepstakes. I have not heard of the winner from 2012 or 2014 no are the winners names posted to any websites for the public to view.

DO NOT PURCHASE MAGAZINES FROM THIS COMPANY or you will have to pay over $284.00 for a bunch of magazine with about 60% advertising.

FREE ADVICE

So wait...

AUTHOR: This Is My Display Name - ()

You say your wife is 80 years old and suffering from dementia. As such, how is it so unheard of for her to have subscribed to those magazines?

And you blame THEM for that? Their job isn't to screen everyone for dementia or make sure they have a use for the magazines. If you say "sign me up", they sign you up. And you said yourself that you're getting the magazines you're paying for, so they aren't scamming you.

You're lucky you even got a partial refund, because they have no legal obligation to give you that if she signed up for those subscriptions (which you don't deny and list dementia as a possible reason).

None of that makes them "unscrupulous".