Complaint Review: National Magazine Exchange

• Submitted: Wed, July 16, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2008

• Reported By:Glendale,CA California
National Magazine Exchange
www.nmex.com , Florida U.S.A.

National Magazine Exchange lcharged me twice, both on my debit and credit card Clearwater,Florida Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Try this phone number for National Mag Exchange

last night,i received from my mail an entry for a $2.1M prize money with my ID number on it and with July 24 as a deadline to call. curious i called the company's 800 number and was answered by an associate who was quite entertaining.. referred me to her supervisor who introduced the five magazine subscriptions for 1.29 a week or $33.54 for six payments. i was also going to receive two wristwatches and an organizer.

i readily agreed, gave my debit card number but later changed it to my credit card number. a few minutes later, i changed my mind, so i called them again to cancel my subscription. another supervisor answered me and this time offered to reduce the amount to $28.00 for five payments, plus, a $40 gas rebate..hmmm, could not resist the offer.

today, i checked my bank and credit card statements online and was shocked to learn that they have charged me in both accounts the amount of $33.54!!!
i immediately called them, but the recording says their office is close.i went to their website and found numerous complaints against this company.. and to my surprise, exactly the same dialogues and offers were made to the complainants which have been victims several years back..

i informed my bank ASAP and filed my claims disputing these charges and stopping future payments to this company.. however, now i have to go to the process of changing my debit/credit card numbers since i have unfortunately disclose them.

Bobj
Glendale,CA, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2008 02:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange/Florida/National-Magazine-Exchange-lcharged-me-twice-both-on-my-debit-and-credit-card-Clearwater-351826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Try this phone number for National Mag Exchange

AUTHOR: Workzombie - (U.S.A.)

I quit this place due to disgust on how they treat their clients and employees, here is the phone number that the company itself uses (employees calling in sick, etc) as well as the public. It is working. 727-524-3600 Don't give up in pursuing them. In my opinion, they hope people will give up when matters of their deceptiveness arise. Don't give up, call and threaten to sue and I just bet that they'll jump to attention. Good luck.

promptly