Complaint Review: National Magazine Exchange

• Updated: Mon, August 20, 2012

• Reported By: charlene — jay Oklahoma United States of America
National Magazine Exchange
3049 Cleveland Ave #233 Fort Myers, Florida United States of America

National Magazine Exchange NAM Marketing called me to tell me i was in debt to them for $1000 on a renew on magazines! had to have my whole identety even my ss# i was wondering when they was going to ask what time i went to the bathroom. Fort Myers, Florida

I made an order for magazines from National Magazine Exchange on November 2009. The bill was also paid in full November 2009. Now August 2012, I have now recieved a bill from one of these magazines of the Hearst co. followed by a dun from a collection agency for the same company.  And last week I recieved a call from NAM Marketing. I was told I was in a default on a renew subscription to the tune of $1000. I was scared they had everything about me, even my ss#. I was soon wondering if they had to know when I went to the bathroom. To get them off my back I had them send me paperwork of what I owed. The next day I called them to find out what happened, and to let them know I did not want any. Edward said he could get me out of the five year subscription if I would agree to a one year and a one time payment.  I told him he would have to wait, because i had called the bank and canceled my cards. They have called every day sometimes twice even thought I recieved my paperwork, signed my right to cancel and sent it back.  I'm so tired, I do not want my name on any magazine subscription lists. I wonder if this is to steal our money and our identity and sell them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2012 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange/Fort-Myers-Florida-33901/National-Magazine-Exchange-NAM-Marketing-called-me-to-tell-me-i-was-in-debt-to-them-for-1-930130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange