Complaint Review: National Magazine Exchange

• Updated: Fri, February 15, 2013

• Reported By: yune — Denver Colorado United States of America
National Magazine Exchange
8285 Bryan Dairy Road, Suite 150 Largo, Florida United States of America

National Magazine Exchange NONSTOP CALLS FROM 800 NUMBER, AND LETTER STATING I WON $1,100,000.00! Largo, Florida

I got a very official looking envelope in the mail today, with the words " SECOND NOTICE" in red.
It had all the looks of a sweepstakes type correspondence. Stating, they have been trying to reach me regarding MY $1,100,000.00 prize entry, giving me an official ID #. And gave me a deadline, to call in to activate my prize by February 28,2013 ( no pressure, there..)
What sent up red flags was when they mentioned no purchase or payment required to enter or win , etc. yadda yadda blah,  but it says the sweepstakes is sponsored exclusively by National Magazine Exchange. And from my personal experience, I have never known magazine companies to be easy going. They always use those high pressure sales tactics, after boosting your hopes up about all the prizes you could win, and what you would do with the money (just to keep you in that american dream type state of mind) so you could fall for their sneaky ploy of selling you some crappy product for just ONLY a small amount of money. [continued below]....
.....
Anyways, I googled up the phone number i was suppose to call and got directed to this website. And coincidently, read the same exact complain that I am writing to you now.
I'm so sick to my stomach of getting harrassed from these types of scams.
They put in all this effort to pass of this scam as real. They should use all their creative potential to something good in the world. Instead, they resort to stupid crap like this.
What a waste.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2013 11:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange/Largo-Florida-33777/National-Magazine-Exchange-NONSTOP-CALLS-FROM-800-NUMBER-AND-LETTER-STATING-I-WON-1100-1015172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange