Complaint Review: National Magazine exchange (NME)

• Submitted: Wed, June 01, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, June 01, 2011

• Reported By: ANNIE — Los Angeles California United States of America
National Magazine exchange (NME)
16120 U.S. 19North Clearwater, Florida 38764 , Florida United States of America

National Magazine exchange (NME) NME phone rep-JEANINE-used badgering, harassing tactics to try to get me to subscribe to their magazines Unknown, Florida

*Consumer Comment: I got the same notice

I received a Second Notice "Official Prize Listing" notice from NME co, which stated "There is no purchase required to enter or win and a purchase will not improve your chances of winning."
However the phone rep-JEANINE-1-800-235-6247 stated, "You have won a FREE Men/Woman's watch with a diamond in each water, plus 3 magazines subscriptions at only $1.29/week...What 3 magazines would you like?..What magazines are you taking now?.. Your subscriptions is what is funding, financing our company..
When I kept repeating, "I do not want any magazines or your fee Men/Woman's watches with a diamond in each! Jeanine stated, I'm getting my supervisor on the line to talk to you..What gift card do you want..gas card..
On and on she went!!! She would NOT take my "NO" for an answer!
To my credit, I did NOT shout, scream or use foul language!! while repeatedly telling Jeanine that I did NOT want any magazines!
Finally I told Jeanine, "If you keep insisting, I'm going to hang up on you!"
I did just that, hung up on her!!!
NME is a FRAUD, MISLEADING advertisement: No purchase needed.. yet, the rep harass the respondent to their notice.
I have REPORTED NME as a postal, mail fraud to LA Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau and am wondering the reason they are allowed to be in business, considering the MANY complaints on line!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2011 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-exchange-NME/-Florida-38764/National-Magazine-exchange-NME-NME-phone-rep-JEANINE-used-badgering-harassing-tactics-735744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine exchange (NME)

I got the same notice

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

However, I made them hang up on me, because I was asking for phone sex.