intended

• Updated: Mon, April 08, 2013

• Reported By: not disclosed — not disclosed Oregon
National Media Group

National Media Group Government grants scam Internet

Today I got  little green card in the mail about a government grant that was pending for $20,978 (DOE). There was a 1-800 number to call and "claim".
So I called. A "foreigner" answered, which I could barely understand, should have been first red flag. Then she had me give the release code and began to explain the application process for approval. The normal amount for the packet is $59 but for me it is free!!! (red flag) Then she gets to where she needs my credit card number because shipping is $12.95. BIG RED FLAG!!!
I simply said I do not have a credit card right now, so she said to call back when I did.
Thanks to this sight I am 100% sure it is a scam. On the card it has a little box where is says WARNING: $2,000 fine and/or 5 year imprisonment for interfering or obstructing with delivery, of this letter, US Mail Security, 1708 so it looks legitimate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 10:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Media-Group/internet/National-Media-Group-Government-grants-scam-Internet-1041797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Media Group