Complaint Review: National Moving Network

• Submitted: Mon, September 25, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, September 26, 2000

• Reported By:
National Moving Network
PO BOX 276 Hallandale, Florida U.S.A.

National Moving Network rip-off recomended by BBB...!

I made the mistake of selecting NMN for my move from NY to CA after getting a quote from them, contacting the Better business Bureau in Hallandale, Florida. Their quote for the move of my belongings was $1580 and for the auto was $925, for a total of $2505.

A deposit, which I was assured was fully refundable, of $590 was charged to my AX card. I got a call from the mover they contracted to, RLS Moving to move my things 3 days ahead of the move date because they said they had a truck going to CA.

I spent a whole day trying to contact David of NMN to find out if my car would be moved the same day.(RLS said they were not moving the auto). A strange predicament, they were only going to move what they could find someone to move and did not care about my auto being left behind with no indication of if and when it would be moved! I left numerous messages which were not returned and other times I was just left on hold.

In frustration I sent david a fax to cancel my move and also sent him a copy of the cancellation by certified mail. David called later in the evening and (luckily)left me a voice mail saying he was sorry to hear of my cancellation and would like to talk to me!

Suffice it to say that NMN never acknowledged my cancellation or refund my deposit. When American Express contacted them at my urging, they denied receiving a cancellation! At that point I played for the lady (Darnetia) the recorded message from David. AX kept insisting that I needed a credit note from NMN before they could give me a refund.

I kept calling, being put on hold, being bumped from one person to another.Often Mr. Randy goldberg was busy or 'had just stepped out of the office',etc.

I finally got my credit on Sept.10 after sending AX proof of my fax and the certified mail receipt which was signed for by NMN. My account had been charged on June 9.

PS: I moved with Allied; the cost of the move was $3300 and it was well worth the cost.

AVOID NMN LIKE SALMONELLA. It will make you feel sick, it may be a costly mistake and cause you extreme aggravation to deal with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Moving-Network/Hallandale-Florida-33008/National-Moving-Network-rip-off-recomended-by-BBB-3421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Moving Network