Complaint Review: National Readers Service

• Updated: Thu, January 19, 2012

• Reported By: Camille — Clovis New Mexico United States of America
National Readers Service
Shawnee, Kansas United States of America

National Readers Service Treasure Coast of Fort Myers FL Lied, Conned, and stole from me Shawnee, Kansas

I have been paying these people for years because of a subscription I supposedly signed up for. I have called numerous times to cancel and am always told that there is nothing they can do because I have a contract for something like 5 years.

There have been so many times that I don't even receive their magazines. I've called to inform them that I should at least be receiving the products promised if I am required to pay for them. They reassure me that they will contact the magazine people and send me a couple of free issues and postpone my next payment til the following month.

I recently cancelled the card they had been withdrawing from because I got a new one. I then received a letter a few days ago stating that my card had been declined and I had a couple of different payment options. I'm worried that if I don't pay that I will for some reason be sent to collections or something, even though I shouldn't have to be paying them in the first place.

I also have no desire to call and give them a new card number because they have conned me into paying for something I don't even want, nor would I ever be able to read all the magazines they have sent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2012 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Readers-Service/Shawnee-Kansas-66203/National-Readers-Service-Treasure-Coast-of-Fort-Myers-FL-Lied-Conned-and-stole-from-me-S-825306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Readers Service