Complaint Review: National Recovery Agency/Columbia House

2491 Paxton St Harrisburg, Pennsylvania United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

National Recovery Agency/Columbia House NRA reported to Experian a debt of $67.00, opened august 2009, reported sept.2009. I haven't had an account with Colubia house since 2004 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: advise

I received a letter from NRA stating I owed them $67.00 from a debt from Columbia House. I called columbia house, they had only a record that I was a customer in 2004. Nothing else.

I called NRA, they had no information about how or when the debt was bought by their company. sounds like a scam.

I pulled a copy of my credit report and there it was. NRA reported that I owed $67.00, first opened august 2009, reported sept2009.

I disputed with Experian, they stated that they verified the debt as accurate and it would stay on my report. Soooo now I get to do more work, to fix what was fraudulently damaged.

I didn't even get a letter from them until December of 2009! Not to mention that I kept all my banking statements  from 2003 to the present. Sooooo they are gonna get it.

I just don't understand how they can fraudulently file reports. No less with no valid proof!!

Now I have already spent at least 8 hours researching, getting proof together, photo copying, money for certified letter to NRA. Not to mention the irritation and the rise of the blood pressure!

Now my final question is,,,, do I get paid for all the time and effort I put into fixing my credit and name which was wrongly reported??  Nope

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2010 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Recovery-AgencyColumbia-House/Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-17111/National-Recovery-AgencyColumbia-House-NRA-reported-to-Experian-a-debt-of-6700-opened-564412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Recovery Agency/Columbia House

advise

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Send a letter via Certified Mail + Return Receipt to the debt collector stating:

Your firm has damaged my credit rating by the posting of frivolous, incorrect info on my credit file for a debt that does not belong to me.

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I am requesting written validation of this alleged debt, to include a copy of the original signed contract with my signature. A typed account statement showing an account number with amount due is not validation.

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the burden to validate the debt falls on the debt collector. It is not my responsibility to validate this alleged debt. Sending a request for more identification or a typed account statement is not validation. If you have enough information to post negative info on my credit files then you clearly have my identification validated.

Either validate this alleged debt or remove it from my credit files. If this notation is not removed, I will file complaints  with the Attorney General and BBB of your state. If this does not remedy the problem, then I will take legal action for Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act Violations.

Receipt of this letter is being officially time-stamped by the USPS. Refusal to to validate will be officially documented.