Complaint Review: National Recovery Agency/Columbia House/BMG

• Submitted: Tue, January 25, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, January 25, 2011

• Reported By: Jenifer — portland Oregon U.S.A.
National Recovery Agency/Columbia House/BMG

National Recovery Agency/Columbia House/BMG Sent me to collections for a contract that was FILLED ten years ago!!!! Internet

Yes, I did sign up with Columbia House DVD club back in 98 or 99 (been so long ago, I don't remember which of the two). I FILLED my contractual obligations with them, and had them close out my account after doing so because I was tired of getting DVD's I didn't order, and then having to send them back, and STILL getting billed for them. When I closed my account, I made SURE I had a $0 balance.

Fast forward to yesterday--I ran my credit score on quizzle.com, to find out it had gone down 50 points within 6 months. When I checked into it to see why, I discover this collection 'agent' for BMG/Columbia House, sent me to collections for $36! They say I defaulted on the account and aged it to July of 2010. What a crock! I filed a dispute with Experian, as I REFUSE to ever contact a bottom feeding debt collector, especially when I know #1, I filled my contract with them and #2, even if their records show the contract was not filled, this is WAY beyond the statute of limitations.

Of course, in reading other reports on here, it looks like I will be stuck paying this $36 regardless of whether or not I owe it. I can't believe they can get away with ruining my credit without having to produce any proof of it (I see others who said all they did was send a printout with name and DVD's shipped--to me that is NOT validating the debt!) HELP!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2011 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Recovery-AgencyColumbia-HouseBMG/internet/National-Recovery-AgencyColumbia-HouseBMG-Sent-me-to-collections-for-a-contract-that-wa-686668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Recovery Agency/Columbia House/BMG