Complaint Review: National Shopping Service

• Submitted: Tue, November 17, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 14, 2014

• Reported By: Tom — Van Nuys California U.S.A.
National Shopping Service
2510 Warren Drive, Suite B Rocklin, California United States of America

National Shopping Service Cheated me out of money! Rocklin, California

*Consumer Comment: Please...

*Consumer Comment: I too was ripped off by this company

*Author of original report: GET A LIFE

*Consumer Comment: Don't let the door hit you on your way out

*Author of original report: Well good for you!

*Consumer Comment: Initial report is VERY misleading.

*Author of original report: More lies!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Response

I completed a mystery shopping survey which I had to PAY money to participate. I had to pay for a pizza to survey the delivery and experience. I took required photos per their instructions and later received an email from Crystal Fonger that they refuse to pay or reimburse my money because the photos weren't as their instructions indicated even though they were. I feel they are using this excuse to get out of paying me and cheat me out of money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2009 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Shopping-Service/Rocklin-California-95677/National-Shopping-Service-Cheated-me-out-of-money-Rocklin-California-524979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Shopping Service

Please...

AUTHOR: Ohwell - ()

My story of Pizza horror stories is almost identical, with the addition of having a shop deleted because they changed the criteria after I did the shop.  The scheduler said there was nothing he could do with an invalid shop.  Stupid is as stupid does.

I too was ripped off by this company

AUTHOR: 4Sundancer - (United States of America)

Same thing happened to me but unlike the author, I was out $20! I was never told why my assignment was deleted. I contacted the agency several times and was told by the person answering the phone that she could not tell me why my assignment had not been accepted and that the assigned rep was not available but would call me back. I never received a call back. Since then I have found many forums with complaints about the same thing happening to them from this agency. I just want to warn others to beware of this agency. Innocent people who are honestly trying to earn some extra money are being taken advantage of.

GET A LIFE

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

What a total joke you are Erin!

LOOSER!

Don't let the door hit you on your way out

AUTHOR: Erin - (United States of America)

When you write libelous remarks about a good company, do not act surprised when someone stumbles upon it to correct the misconception that the company is a "rip off." As for the personal attack; I am able to make more than a full-time income and only work 2-3 days per week. Don't insult a trade you failed to succeed at. Really though, my work has nothing to do with your posting a good company on ripoff report. It's a shame you have to resort to that when you have nothing worthwhile to say.

Well good for you!

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

If you can't find a better paying job after 8 years then I feel terribly sorry for you. You may have had a good experience with the company but not I. And you ARE IN NO POSITION to judge the quality of my work. You didn't see the photos I took nor where you around to witness the communication between the company and I.  They provide a VERY low paying job for the amount of time invested. Perhaps your time is not valuable but mine is.

Initial report is VERY misleading.

AUTHOR: Erin - (United States of America)

First of all, I must comment on your statement that you "had to pay money to participate." You do NOT have to pay money to participate. Yes, there are some shops that have a required (reimbursed) purchase, but that is not a blanket requirement with the company.

I have been a shopper for NSS since 2004. I have NEVER had an issue with pay nor any disputed reports. Their instructions are very thorough and clear. My personal business practice is to ALWAYS take extra photos just in case. This seems to be more of a case of a sloppy shopper failing to follow instructions. This is a business, and if you cannot strictly adhere to the standards of the business, let the more qualified shoppers get the work.

I know the report posted here is old, but as a shopper that's been happy with NSS for 8 years, I had to add my input.

More lies!

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

It is true that NSS doesn't charge to be a mystery shopper but my assignment required to purchase a large pizza in order to complete the assignment. They wanted pictures which I took EXACTLY per instructions only to have NSS say they aren't acceptable!!!  I wish there would've been a way for someone from NSS to have been with me when I took the photos to see that they were indeed taken per instructions.

Let me make it clear that NSS has NOT offered to reimburse me for the money I spent on the pizza. At this point I don't care about being paid the $10 for the assignment but at least do the right thing and reimburse me for the pizza!

The ONLY contact they have attempted with me was a message on my voice mail about trying to do the assignment again.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Do they really think I would pay for ANOTHER crappy pizza just to have them say the pics aren't good either!

If NSS wants to make this right then PAY ME BACK for the money spent on that nasty tasting pizza.

#8 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response

AUTHOR: NSS - (United States of America)

It is unfortunate that unvetted, retaliatory attempts to besmirch a long-standing quality companys reputation can be posted on the Internet without fact basis and fraught with omission.

We do not charge to become a mystery shopper for our company.

This individuals disgruntled statements are exceptionally disturbing due to the fact that extensive guidelines were provided, including pictures of what was mandated in order to be paid a precise, inflexible mandate from our Client.

Omitted from this individuals disparaging remarks was the fact that we made several attempts to have the project re-done as well as our offer to reimburse the individual for their additional purchase.  Our offer to find a solution was met with silence and rejection.

Crystal Fonger