Complaint Review: National Small Business Alliance

• Submitted: Mon, January 10, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, February 05, 2011

• Reported By: Susan — Grand Junction Colorado United States of America
National Small Business Alliance
601 Pennsylvania Ave., NW Suite 900 S Bldg Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

National Small Business Alliance Shawn Lang Charging $1 to my checking account for now. To have 30 days to look over packet in mail before my account would be charged the application fee. Washington, District of Columbia

*Author of original report: Got my money back!

Shawn Lang called me about their services and the $8,000 credit line I'd be able to use. Needed my bank account number (this is how they make sure I'm a US citizen and would have funds) to charge only $1 for now. This sets up my bank account for further debits.

Mailing materials to look over. To have 30 days to decide. If I don't want it I return the materials and that's the end. If I don't return it they would charge my account $149 at the 30 day mark. I did this on a Friday. On Monday I looked at my bank account online. There was no charge for $1 but for $149!

Before I did that I looked over the 1 sheet of paper (front and back). Benefits on the front, disclosures in very small print on the back. The back is where I read more about the other charges. The $149 is only an application fee. To actually use the benefits is $29.95 per month, but is only to be paid annually so that's another $359.40.

I decided I just couldn't do that right now. Then I found the charge on my bank account. I called Shawn Lang's number (he said it was his direct line) and someone else answered. He'd just stepped out and she asked if I could call back in 20 minutes. I discovered he had no voice mail to leave him a message.

Then I called the customer service number and asked to cancel. Told her I was told the $149 wouldn't be charged for a month and wanted it refunded. She said there was no refund for the application fee. She gave me a cancellation number. She tried to connect me to Shawn and I listened to lovely music for 10 minutes. Called back his direct line and got more music.

From the editor's advice, I'm callling my bank tomorrow to dispute the charge and put an alert on my account to not accept any more charges from NSBA. Did notice in fine print on the back that the $149 would be debited within 3-5 days of applying. This is absolutely NOT what I was told. I will fight this to the end!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2011 08:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Small-Business-Alliance/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20004/National-Small-Business-Alliance-Shawn-Lang-Charging-1-to-my-checking-account-for-now-To-681154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Small Business Alliance

Got my money back!

AUTHOR: Susan - (United States of America)

Perhaps because I called my bank the same day or day after the charge appeared coming outof my checking account, they were able to refund the $149.95 that this company fraudulently charged me with. I honestly thought I was done for, since it came out of my checking account. I thought I'd have a better chance if it had been charged to a credit card. Guess I got lucky and scammed these guys right back!