Complaint Review: National Small Business Alliance

• Submitted: Thu, May 12, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, May 16, 2005

• Reported By:Boise Idaho
National Small Business Alliance
natlsba.com Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

National Small Business Alliance Promised to make amends Washington District of Columbia

*Author of original report: NSBA did make good on its promises

I spoke on May 12 with the CEO of the NSBA, Dennis Mario. He was contrite and said this was a problem with a misleading telemarketer. He assured me he would refund all money within a week if I provided him with a bank statement of proof, which I have just faxed to him.

He may be just as much a victim of an unscrupulous telemarketer as I was - or he may be deceiving me as well. I will keep you posted on how he responds.

Martin
Boise, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2005 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Small-Business-Alliance/Washington-District-of-Columbia/National-Small-Business-Alliance-Promised-to-make-amends-Washington-District-of-Columbia-142531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Small Business Alliance

NSBA did make good on its promises

AUTHOR: Martin - (U.S.A.)

This morning (Monday, May 16), I received a check for Dennis Mario for $150, reimbursing me for the initial $100 "credit card fee," $40 in bounced check fees that resulted from seeking to e-withdraw the $239 membership fee too early, and the $10 fee to stop payment on the $239 e-withdrawl.

Dennis has fulfulled what he promised me on Friday, May 13.

Unfortunately, I lost several hours of work. As a self-employed person, that's more than the cost of what I would have lost to the telemarketing scam. The National Small Business Alliance should be particularly concerned about troubling small businesses in this way. But I consider this a lesson learned and I will never, never, ever give my bank account information to someone who calls over the phone.

While Dennis said I did the right thing in calling him directly, he has forgotten to include the phone number to call him directly. According to the BBB, he can be reached at (760) 322-5572, (800) 506-6722 or (877) 478-8080. I believe I reached him at the first number.

If anyone else has a problem such as this, I urge them to call Dennis. Speaking just for my dealings with him, he was courteous, professional, apologetic and immediately did what he promised to do.