Complaint Review: National Small Business Alliance

• Submitted: Wed, July 22, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 28, 2010

• Reported By:Chester New York
National Small Business Alliance
1201 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 300, Nationwide U.S.A.

National Small Business Alliance liars and cheats get your money and can never be reached afterwards. Washington, DC Districe of Columbia

*General Comment: Thanx You

My husband struggles to run his own small business. When a representative from the National Small Business Alliance called with what seemed like a beneficial membership, I allowed them to debit my bank account.

When the membership materials arrived, they were not at all what had been repesented to my. Since I was told I could return the materials, cancel my membership withing 30 days and be refunded my membership fee in its entirety, I did so, getting a return receipt.

This took place four years ago. Whenever I come accross the related materials I attempt yet again to contact the company to ask for my refund. Today (7/22/09) I actually got a person on the phone, but the number she gave me to call doesn't respond. I've spent many minutes on the endless hold. Once you put in your membership number, they obviously recognize it as somebody asking for a refund and don't answer.

The office is always closed, the cell phone voice mail is always full. I'm tempted to go to their address with a crowbar, but it's probably a dumby address. I'd love to find out if anybody has actually gotten a refund and how.

Hope
Chester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Small-Business-Alliance/nationwide/National-Small-Business-Alliance-liars-and-cheats-get-your-money-and-can-never-be-reached-472196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Small Business Alliance

#1 General Comment

Thanx You

AUTHOR: InsideAgent - (USA)

I feel your pain. whenever one is running a small business it seems like there is never and end to the obstacles you gotta go through. The way this company ripped you guys off is horrible.  I know it is not much consolation but you stopped me from doing business with them. I thank you for the heads up.

A small tip for in the future though: If you are ever unsure about a company, especially if they are offering a trial, use a prepaid credit card. I keep one or two of them around with maybe 10 bucks a piece on them for situations like this. If I find out they are a scam, so be it. all they got me for would have been a few bucks, and they cant get any extra money out of you because they cant charge anything to the card thats not on it.