Complaint Review: National Sweepstakes Company

• Updated: Wed, October 01, 2008

• Reported By:Mina South Dakota
National Sweepstakes Company
5511 Jane Street , Ontario Canada

National Sweepstakes Company Contacted me by phone that I won $2.5 million and could get it the very next day by wiring them $399.00. Then the next day they needed $600.00 more to hold the check until it cleared. Ontario Canada

*Consumer Comment: Nothing

I was contacted by National Sweepstakes Company attorney, Dave Croft, that I won $2.5 million and could easily get it wired to my account the very next day if I wired them $399.00. I wired it to Thrace Newland in Ontario Canada and the next day they needed $600.00 to complete the transaction because they had to keep the check overnight. So I wired it and then Miss Green said they needed to go through the lottery commision and the IRS.

So she called me back and said in order to wire me the money I had to wire them $2,500.00 for taxes or else the check could not be released out of the state of New York. That was when I stopped the money and demanded my money back.

They said they'd return it in 7 days. That was 3 weeks ago. I tried calling the numbers they gave me and would only get voice mail. So I filed a fraud report with Western Union and my States Attorney and then today Dave Croft called me again and tried to get me to give them more money. I demanded my money back and he said I would get it in three days. We'll see.

Cheryl
Mina, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2008 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Sweepstakes-Company/Ontario-M3N2H6/National-Sweepstakes-Company-Contacted-me-by-phone-that-I-won-25-million-and-could-get-i-377662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Sweepstakes Company

Nothing

AUTHOR: Atlanta Guy - (U.S.A.)

That's what you'll see. You have foolishly wired money to scammers in a foreign country. These scammers are living high on YOUR money. You'll never see a penny of it again. Wise up and stop falling for scams.