Complaint Review: National Tire & Battery

• Updated: Mon, November 09, 2009

• Reported By: Amy — Kansas City Missouri United States of America
National Tire & Battery
83rd St. Kansas City, Missouri United States of America

National Tire & Battery, National Tire and Battery Would not honor tire warranty. Kansas City, Missouri

I have serviced my car at NTB for over 2 years; including new brakes, brake pads, buying 4 new tires, alignments, oil changes, transmission flushes, everything.

I was told when I purchased my tires that I had the option of buying a warranty to protect the tires - the salesman told me it covered everything.  So I went ahead a bought it for an extra $20 bucks.

Early on I blew out one tire, and they replaced it, no problem.

This past week, I took my car there for it's regular oil change.  I had them rotate my tires as well, which I do regularly.

I was taken into the mechanic area and shown that two of my tires had uneven wear, due to the car not being aligned.  I was then told that regluar maintence of the car required an alignment 2-3 times/year and that because of that, my warranty was null and void.

3 months prior, when I had the tires looked at, I was never notified of uneven wear, or low tread on my tires.  It had never been recommeded that I align my car during the years I have had it serviced with NTB.

The salesman was quick to try and sell me new tires, when I told him I was getting a second opion he also told me I needed new struts.

I called back and spoke with the store manager, who offered to give me 50% off the Yokohama tires I bought ($90 a piece, 80,000 mile tires.) But offered no discount on the alignment, he said that was the best he could do.

I have since filed a formal complaint with their customer service department and am awaiting a response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2009 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Tire-Battery/Kansas-City-Missouri-64068/National-Tire-Battery-National-Tire-and-Battery-Would-not-honor-tire-warranty-Kansas-C-521591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Tire & Battery