Complaint Review: National Tire and Battery

• Updated: Mon, October 10, 2011

• Reported By: Brenda — Hamilton Ohio United States of America
National Tire and Battery
6565 Winford Ave. Fairfield, Ohio United States of America

National Tire and Battery NTB They falsely represented items to be corrected on my car when I took it in for an oil change Fairfield, Ohio

When I took my car in for a simple oil change and tire rotation, they told me that I needed my brakes repaired, back drums and shoes and also I needed an oil pan gasket, a lower intake gasket, a transmission fluid flush, a radiator flush, a power steering fluid flush and my antifreeze flushed out and replaced. The estimate they gave me was in the neighborhood of $2500 and up. My car is an older model, a yr 2000 but is in good condition and has a little over 85,000 miles on it. I am retired and I do not have $2500 for car repairs, so needless to say I was very upset. I took my car the next day to a mechanic I know to get the brakes fixed and there was absolutely nothing wrong with my brakes. So I called the NTB the people that changed my oil and told the manager that they had frauduently told me that my brakes needed repair and he asked me to bring my car back to them and let them evaluate it again, I told him he would never see my car again and as far as that goes, how am I to believe that any of the repairs are legitimate if they lied about my brakes. So they didn't actually rip me off, but they certainly would have had I let them repair my car to a tune of $2500+

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2011 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Tire-and-Battery/Fairfield-Ohio-45011/National-Tire-and-Battery-NTB-They-falsely-represented-items-to-be-corrected-on-my-car-whe-787226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Tire and Battery