Complaint Review: National Transport

• Submitted: Fri, May 01, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 01, 2009

• Reported By:wesley chapel Florida
National Transport
US DOT: 1785176, National Transport Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

National Transport Moving Company Norcross Georgia

We hired this moving company to first move my son from college and my wife to a temp location for her position in New York from Tallahassee Florida. The original quote was for $1386 or 495 cu feet or 2.85 / cu ft. This was consistent with the others but Bret seems honest so we picked this one. they increased the cost by another 200 due to one flight of stairs and one elevator. I tried for several days to contact them before the move to tell them when we packed we had 1/2 the amount of boxes and a few things not there and we added, one queen bed, one small dresser, one bookshelf, and one box desk. they never respond to you if they know your phone number just a word of caution. They rescheduled the move three times for pick up and then three times for delivery. they finally delivered on a Sunday night and this is a very restricted building and caused a lot of confusion. they did hire a good Atlas mover who delivered clean and un hurt and no damage. But not the mover or new driver the pick up drivers and movers were very low class, unprofessional, and down right nasty crooks and treated my son with disrespect since it was at his home we were not there. When the good driver delivered the items they showed me the truck they said you need to pursue action here look what they made us do...I was appalled, there was entire area at least 10 ftx 10 feet empty except for three boxes lined up on the right side (not stacked single file 3 cu ft each and on the left side.) they had double their quote to me due to my 4 small items which did not double the 495 rather it took 100 cu ft away and added 200 so 100 cu ft increase they were saying it increased to 900 cu ft and now we owed $2684 total. What a crook and underhanded people they totally stink. We tried to discuss with Bret and the underhanded dispatcher who by the way is nasty threaten us if we did not pay the difference we already paid in full the original quote plus 140 at Tallahassee, and then they did not return our calls. they were totally unprofessional and their DOT number is US DOT: 1785176. I do not recommend them and plan to notify DOT, and the State Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau. They told us they were a member of the BBB and we found out later they were not what a surprise.
I would never use this company, they low ball the quote, then lie about the actual cu footage, then deny any wrong doing and unwilling to even take a look at the situation. They were the nastiest supplier I have ever dealt with in my life. Their license to operate needs to be suspended and people everywhere need to be made aware. In addition I got their name from Rent.com so I need to notify them....blog them away

Bob
wesley chapel, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2009 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Transport/Norcross-Georgia-30092/National-Transport-Moving-Company-Norcross-Georgia-448040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Transport