Complaint Review: National Travel Services

• Submitted: Tue, May 29, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, May 29, 2001

• Reported By:North Miami FL
National Travel Services
2419 E. Commercial Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

National Travel Services -- aka Ramada Plaza Resorts BAD terms and conditions

Tuesday 5/29/01 around 11am called 1.800.561.0999 and spoke to Patty Richards who made my reservation and transfered me to Darnelle. Darnelle confirmed my credit card number and shipping address. Just before confirmation the authorization from my credit card, Darnelle mentioned the non-refundable policy. It was until I heard the recording later that evening that I realized she mentioned a non-refundable clause. They way they do it is by reading the "non-refundable" statement, then immediately reading the "credit card confirmation" statement. They then ask you for a confirmation......which to them means you've accepted BOTH terms and conditions. I was only confirming my credit card number and the fact that I am over 18.

Later that evening (not even 6 hours later) I called the customer service number at 1.800.203.9783 to cancel my reservation. The rep, Rashiede Jeter, told me that this was not allowed and replayed the tape recording for me.

This is my story.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Travel-Services/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33308/National-Travel-Services-aka-Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-BAD-terms-and-conditions-5288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Travel Services