Complaint Review: National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA.

• Submitted: Sat, May 26, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, May 26, 2012

• Reported By: Eric — North Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA.
70 Pine St. New York, NY 10270 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States of America

National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania AIG Deceptive; Non responsive Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I opened a new account with WaMu in 2008 and they offered a supplemental insurance that they would pay for the first year and low equal monthly installments would be taken from my account thereafter. Four years later I actually forgot what the insurance was for and when I called to inquire, I decided it wasn't for me and wanted to cancel; no fault, no foul. After a lengthy conversation with the young lady on the other end ensuring me that it was a valuable coverage going so far as to tell me that injuries and doctors visits I had dating back to 2008 could still be claimed. With a cautionary note in my tone I asked for clarification. She repeated her claim and said that she would even send me claim forms immediately to get the ball rolling. Two weeks later I received instead, identical copies of the policy itself and now I'm having a difficult time talking to someone without mysteriously being cut off during the conversation. They can keep the money that they'll never give me anyway, right now I just want them out of my pocket. Buyer beware. After doing a little fact finding of my own it appears that this is not an unusual practice of National Union; a subsidiary of AIG. Knowing is half the battle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2012 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Union-Fire-Insurance-Co-of-Pittsburgh-PA/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-/National-Union-Fire-Insurance-Co-of-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-AIG-Deceptive-Non-responsive-888805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA.