Complaint Review: National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittburgh,PA

• Updated: Tue, July 19, 2011

• Reported By: KHipp — Cave City Arkansas United States of America
National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittburgh,PA
P.O. box 2066 Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittburgh,PA Insurance does not want to pay up....even with a qualifing accident. Jacksonville, Florida

I have had this insurance since 8-10. On April 9th 2011, I was in a head-on collision. As a result a suffered from 9 broken bones. I was in serious condition so I was med flighted from WRMC BAtesville Ar. to UAMS Little Rock AR. I was in ICU for 4 days and then I was transfered to the Ortho floor. On April 21st I was transfered by ambulance back WRMC BAtesville Ar. to a in patient rehab....to learn how cope with my new disabilities. After 7 days there I was sent home via ambulance. I am non-weight bearing on 3 limbs. I can not walk or care for myself in anyway. I remembered this insurance policy and contacted them to open a claim. The lady I spoke to was very nice and informed me all I had to was fill out the form she would be sending me in the mail and attach itemized bills from both hospitals. Which I did. Then I get a letter stating that the itemized bills were not sufficent and they must be in a UB-04 form and withthat to attach Admission and discharge notes from the DR's. OK.....I send all that in, by now my file is 1 1/2" thick. There is even lab notes in there. Then I get a letter stating that they need nurses notes as well......Huh? All the other information was not enough to prove how messed up I am? So, I call to ask them why? The nice operator says everything is fine they have what they need and the claim is being processed. It'll take up 20 days for this. Then I get a automated call stating there is more information they need. So, I call them to see what it is they need. They tell me they have faxed a paper to the hospital. This also backed up by a letter stating that they need " Faxed eligibility form to verify hospital's accreditation status" OMG, this is the #1 trauma center in the state of Arkansas. I asked to speak to a supervisor I get a Steven on the phone. I informed him the was getting ludicrous and they have had this claim open for 3 months. I even had an operator make a comment about how long it has been open. Steven advises me it would be a good idea for me to contact UAMS and find out what happened to the form. I call the adminstraton for UAMS and I talk to very nice lady that is unsure of what they are needing. She tells me she has never heard of "Accreditation Status" being asked for and she's worked for the hospital for 9 years. This blows me away. Come to find out thye faxed this eligibility form to the wrong hospital. LOL, they really got it going on. No one ever returned Ms. Starnes calls from UAMS. Let see what they come with next. I think they are running out of options. If do not get any solid answers from these people, I will be stepping it up a notch. Either I will get paid or they are going to have an attorney up they rearend.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2011 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Union-Fire-Insurance-Company-of-PittburghPA/Jacksonville-Florida-322032066/National-Union-Fire-Insurance-Company-of-PittburghPA-Insurance-does-not-want-to-pay-up-755130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittburgh,PA