Complaint Review: National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa

• Updated: Tue, November 15, 2011

• Reported By: Zombiechick — Nipomo California United States of America
National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa
PO Box 44260 Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa Sucked me in with free gas card offer!!! Jacksonville, Florida

I recently opened an account with US Bank. I have since gotten a few valid offers such as if I donate a dollar to one of four charities, they will put $10 into my account. I am very skeptical of anyone contacting me with outlandish offers, but this one was simple, so I figured it could be a legitimate offer. This company contacted my by phone and said they were an affiliate of US Bank, and offered me a $30 gas gift card in order to sign up for their insurance. There was a free trial period of 14 days of which I could cancel at any time. After that, they would remove the monthly fees from my account (which I never gave them any personal information other than my address to send the card.) I actually had forgotten I recieved the call until I got the letter in the mail confirming my coverage date to begin on November 19, 2011. It also states on the bottom that they do have no affiliation with the (FDIC) bank and there is a line for my signature. I immediately called and cancelled, and I have never gotten that gas card. Upon cancelling, I called my local branch because I wanted to inform them that this company is not holding up their end of the deal. I also let US Bank know I am not mad at them in any way. I was talking to the manager and she told me she had never heard of this company, and to forward her a copy of the letter they mailed me. I filed this report because they used a false offer in order to get me to try a free trial of their services. I am glad I cancelled, and I am just wanting to inform others of this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2011 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Union-Fire-Insurance-Company-of-Pittsburgh-Pa/Jacksonville-Florida-32231/National-Union-Fire-Insurance-Company-of-Pittsburgh-Pa-Sucked-me-in-with-free-gas-card-o-798403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa