Complaint Review: National Van Lines, INC.

• Submitted: Tue, August 06, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, August 06, 2013

• Reported By: BASSEM — San Diego California
National Van Lines, INC.
2800 Roosevelt Road Broadview, Illinois USA

National Van Lines, INC. Stay away from this moving company, absolute ripoff Broadview Illinois

I contacted the National Van Lines company to get an estimate for my move From Chicago, IL. To Miami Fl.

I received an estimate of $3,008.33.

Before the pick up date, I called them to check if it is possible to change the destination to be San Diego, CA instead of Miami Fl and to see if that wil cause any changes in the estimate.

National Van Lines company agreed to change the destination and did not mention any changes in the estimate that I got.

National Van Lines company picked up my stuff and I signed all the papers with the new destination address and the same total estimate

Before the delivery scheduled day, I got a phone call from the National Van Lines company customer service confirming the delivery date and informing me with  a change in the total estimate to be $ 4,545.29 instead of $3,008.33 that we agreed on.

I tried to explain to the customer service that I only got one estimate for $3,008.33 and no one ever mentioned any increase in the cost at any point despite my several inquiries about any cost adjustment because of the change in destination.

The custmer service refused to listen to my complaints and threatened me with returning my stuff back to Chicago at an extra cost if I negotiated the estimate cost that I did not know anything about till two days before the scheduled delivery date.

I asked to speak to any manager at the National Van Lines company, and again my request was denied saying that no manager will be available for the rest of the week to speak to me and if I insisted to contact any manager, they will store my delivery in a warehouse and will start adding extra charges for each extra storage days till any manager can be available to speak to me.

Right now I don't know the destiny of my delivery and I was not able to get in touch with any one managing the company except one customer service representative who insists on charging me with a quot that I never signed or agreed upon before Taking my furnature as a hostage and demanding a lot more money than what was agreed upon to complete the delivery.

All the phone calls that I did were recorded and I have a copy of the quote.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2013 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Van-Lines-INC/Broadview-Illinois-60155/National-Van-Lines-INC-Stay-away-from-this-moving-company-absolute-ripoff-Broadview-Il-1073523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Van Lines, INC.