Complaint Review: National Vehicle Marketing

• Submitted: Mon, June 25, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 31, 2012

• Reported By: David Maxwell — Livingston Texas United States of America
National Vehicle Marketing
1941 S 42nd St # 104 Omaha, NE 68105-2942 Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

National Vehicle Marketing ClassyRV.com Misleading statements by sales person Omaha, Nebraska

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You can do all of it yourself and better

*Author of original report: NVM has offered to refund $150

*UPDATE Employee: NVM Statement

After speaking on the phone several times over a 2 week period with National Vehicle Marketing salesman Richard.
 I was led to believe that the service I was paying for was to run two ads.  One on Ebay and the other on ClassyRV.com.  These two ads were to run continuously until the motorhome sells.

The ad on Ebay ran for 21 days.  Then I was informed by National Vehicle Marketing (NVM) that my ad was over and would not be listed on Ebay any longer.

The primary reason I decided to purchase their service was because I understood that the ad for my motorhome would remain  on Ebay until it sold. I never would have agreed to pay anybody $499 for an ad that would run for only 21 days.

On Tuesday Jun 19 I talked with Corrin, the NVM customer service representative.  I understand that NVM has incurred cost to run my Ebay ad for 21 days, and I have agreed to reimburse them.  Corrin would not reveal their Ebay costs, so I called Ebay customer service and have determined that NVM's cost to run my ad was $50 for an insertion fee.

On Wednesday June 20 I spoke with Corrin again, offering to pay their $50 Ebay cost and requesting a refund of $445.  NVM states that the fee I paid is not refundable and refuses to refund any amount.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Vehicle-Marketing/Omaha-Nebraska-68105/National-Vehicle-Marketing-ClassyRVcom-Misleading-statements-by-sales-person-Omaha-Nebra-902509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Vehicle Marketing

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You can do all of it yourself and better

AUTHOR: Greg - ()

Classy auto delivers exactly what you want to hear. They offer nothing that you can't do on your own.they are not a finance company they list a few lenders on their site but thats the extent of it. There simple links on there site are what lenders pay them to be featured on. But do understand this from a buyers point. They The buyer will need to secure financing on their own and banks are real easy these days to deal with on a car they have not driven, inspected, or truly checked over. Then expected to make a leap of faith and pay you up front, because I hope you would never give up possession with out secured funds in your bank account.

They are not a transportation company but they too have links. Nor a inspection company. If you believe that your 2005 GM product or 2008 Ford will sell more than 25-50 miles from where you live, than the statement there's a fool born every second, then you too are right in believing your chances of selling your what ever vehicle it is are better of by giving a few hundred of your hard earned dollars are well spent. If you do wish to sell something that is unique or classic or truly you have a car that stands out. Exposure will with out a doubt increase your chances of getting a higher return of your investment. E-Bay motors will do that. But you can do it yourself. It will be a whole lot cheaper.

The promise of working with it til sold. Stops when you have endured your last time of giving them your credit card number. As to belief they will get more money, be realistic, just because you pay someone to list your vehicle doesn't mean they have a pool of buyers willing to pay more than market value plus transportation cost. Nor just because you owe more to the bank does it encrease the value of vehicle. Again if it sounds too good to be true than it probably is not. Do your home work Classy Auto is in business to make money. You want to sell something. Will they do more than you can do on your on? If you've researched this to the point that you're reading this than I'd hope you don't don't fall pry to there B.S. or false promise. Best of luck

NVM has offered to refund $150

AUTHOR: David Maxwell - (USA)

NVM has offered to refund $150 of the original $499 I paid for a 21 day ad on Ebay.  I have accepted their offer for two reasons.  (1) Reduce my loss and (2) avoid the negativity I would endure by continuing to expose the unethical conduct of NVM sales staff.

ALERT - Learn from my experience.  Do not trust the words of any Salesman. Verify, with written backup, any statement a salesman has made that influences your decision to buy.  Let the Buyer beware.

NVM Statement

AUTHOR: National Vehicle Marketing - (United States of America)

National Vehicle Marketing (NVM) works tirelessly to provide our clients with one of the most aggressive and effective marketing campaigns possible and in doing so, we guarantee to market vehicles until sold on our websites.
We offer several packages to meet a variety of client needs.  In an effort to eliminate any confusion we state numerous times the length of auctions available.  The day before any auction goes live our clients are contacted by our customer care team to confirm all parameters of our service including but not limited to: make, model, price, type and length of auction.
Superior customer service is our #1 priority and this is affirmed by our eBay reputation including 100% positive feedback.  Once a client has expressed any frustration with our service we quickly try to resolve any issues.
After speaking with our Customer Care Manager Corrine, she determined that miscommunication was possible and offered several options to remedy the situation including rerunning the auction at no additional cost.  All options were declined by Mr. Maxwell.  Corrine also had a conference call with Mr. Maxwell and his credit card company, the conclusion of that call was that National Vehicle Marketing did their due diligence and all services were rendered.