Complaint Review: National Vehicle Protection Services

• Submitted: Wed, January 16, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: raek — stillwater Oklahoma United States of America
National Vehicle Protection Services
12131 Dorsett Road, Suite 101,Maryland Heights, MO Maryland Heights, Missouri United States of America

National Vehicle Protection Services Unprofessional, Aggressive Maryland Heights, Missouri

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: What a crock!

*Consumer Suggestion: Disturbing Info

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Thank you for bringing this to my attention

I contacted National Vehicle Protection to receive a quote for my car.  I told the sales rep, (I believe his name was Nathan), that my car had 85,000 miles on it, he responded sarcastically "85,000?!" I responded with a "yes" and was informed that the supervisor would have to approve my warranty.  After speaking with the supervisor and getting my coverage "approved," she told me I would "have to make a decision by the end of the phone call" (#1 indicator that a company doesn't care about your best interest and just wants its commission).

After receiving "permission" to receive an extended warranty and "overriding the system" (BS), I was told what my quote was by this male sales rep who was already getting on my nerves because he was so overly aggressive and obnoxious.  I informed the sales rep that I wanted to be emailed a copy of my quote, which he wouldn't do.  I also wanted a copy of the contract, so he directed me to the website, briefly skimmed it over with me and insisted that I make a decision today because 1. They couldn't override the system 2. How were they to know that I wouldn't call tomorrow with a broken down transmission. (How does he know it's not already broken down? idiot) So, I must make a decision NOW.  I told him I wasn't make a decision today and he repeatedly said "Why wouldn't you? You'll get a refund after 30 days, so give me your CC or VISA information..." and I said "No, I want to go over this info. with my father first" His response: "Give me your father's phone number now and we'll do a conference call." I insisted "NO" and told him all the other companies I had looked at NEVER made me make a decision RIGHT NOW. and he said "Well, I don't know what other co's you're looking at or referring to but I can assure you were are...(and started listing off silly A+, BBB info...)

I told him I wasn't going to argue with him at this point, I wasn't making a decision because my father was the decision maker because HE bought the car! Not me! so... he said "OK GIVE ME your father's cell phone number, we're doing a conference call (again!)" and I said "No, that's innapropriate and he's working..." It went on and on and on and on like this for 20 MINUTES. How does this company receive ANY CUSTOMERS? It's basically a SCAM. I've never encountered such a rude, arrogant, disrespectful, belittling sales rep in my life.  Absolutely baffling.

I would NEVER buy product from this company!!! Ended up hanging up on him!

I wouldn't purchase ANYTHING from National Vehicle Protection!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Vehicle-Protection-Services/Maryland-Heights-Missouri-/National-Vehicle-Protection-Services-Unprofessional-Aggressive-Maryland-Heights-Missour-997718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Vehicle Protection Services

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

What a crock!

AUTHOR: Ricky Spanish - (USA)

It literally made me sick to my stomach reading this apology. I used to work for this place and they teach you high pressure sales during training. They actually tell their trainies to watch the movie "Boiler Room" to get an idea of how the industry works.

If you let someone off the phone because they do not want to buy or want to think about it before they commit to the policy, you get written up or fired. They have a call auditor who listens to every call to see if you let them off the phone so he can write you up if you did. You have to make them buy or HANG UP ON YOU! They tell you during training that EVERYONE you talk to is a liar. EVERYTHING the customer says is a lie. Liars are buyers.

All of their sales tactics are completely unethical, not to mention just flat out rude. If you work for this scum bag company, you have no morals, intergrity or soul. All of the managers are a bunch of self absorbed d****e canoes that get off on telling people what to do. They have no self worth whatsoever and are all on a serious power trip.

Stefan Walker is not the owner of this company either. He is the customer service manager. He is well aware of their sales tactics. That entire apology is grabage!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Disturbing Info

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Their rating with the BBB is a C-. Their info shows:

Government Actions

On May 29, 2012, Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster stated that his office signed a consent judgment with Dealership Warranties, Inc., a company that is now doing business as National Vehicle Protection Services, to restructure the way the company sells vehicle service contracts. Dealership Warranties will also pay $18,500 to the state in restitution and costs.

The action against Dealership Warranties prohibits deceptive sales techniques in the sale of vehicle repair coverage. The judgment also requires the company's sales people to describe during sales phone calls the details of the written contract.

Guess someone missed the internal memo, huh?

BTW, get rid of the private registration on the domain. It reflects rather poorly.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

AUTHOR: NVPServices - (United States of America)

Good evening. It is with great regret that we are first speaking due to this very unfortunate situation. We value our customers and potential customers feedback as our entire organization has been built on the success of our customer service.

First, please allow me to apologize that you feel you were not treated with anything less than perfect customer service. This is not a situation we tolerate nor will ever become accustomed to allowing.

Also, I thank you for bringing this to our attention and would very much appreciate a chance to resolve this situation to ensure your full satisfaction. Our customer satisfaction is something we are very proud of and understand the main thing that separates us from others offering a Service is the trust and satisfaction of our customers.

If you will, please contact me at s.walker@nvps-inc.com with your contact information. Again, I appreciate you allowing us a chance to resolve this matter amicably.

Stefan Walker NVPS