Complaint Review: National Wellness Network

• Submitted: Mon, September 16, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, September 16, 2002

• Reported By:Marysville WA
National Wellness Network
3505 Silver Side Rd, 208H Plaza Centre Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

National Wellness Network RIP OFF!! Wilmington Delaware

On 7/30/02 I was contacted by Worldcom to with an offer for a phone from AT&T along with service. I was told that it was only 19.95 for set up and phone and shipping and handling. After they verified my check-by-phone info, I then got a recording about 3 companies I would recieve information from and that I was getting 30 free-day-trials with them and if I did not call and cancel the accounts then they would charge my checking account.

I had no opportunity at any time to say yeah or nay.
When I recieved the information from the companies, 2 of them were for 30 day free trials which I called and canceled but one of them was a 7 day free trial and I did not recieve this in the mail until 8/14/02. There was no way I could have called and canceled. I was unsure so I called them (National Wellness Network) and the woman told me it was my 7th day in the free trial and that they would probably be pulling the money out that evening.

She canceled my account and told me that if it withdrew, she would note that I wanted a refund and that would go through as well.

On the 19th I called again and they said that the process for the refund was not started because I had not asked for it. "Do you want a refund of your money?" the girl asks me. Well of course I do. So she says she will put it through and that I will recieve it in 14 to 30 days.

It is now 9/16/02 and I have seen nothing. So I call them back. I speak to a gentleman who apparently doesn't know his behind from a whole in the ground because he couldn't get his story straight to save it.

He tells me that I have reached the refund department (which also happens to be the customer service line) but I cannot have my money refunded. He wants to re-activate my account so that I can use it since they aren't going to refund my money. I ask to speak to his supervisor and he tells me there is no one available at that time. I told him I would hold but he wouldn't have it. I asked if I could call at another time, he said he didn't know when one would be in. I asked if I could have someone call me back. He said no. I asked for their address. He wouldn't give it. I asked for their corporate offices number. He would not give me any information what-so-ever.

I called again and got a different girl and she also would not give me any information.

I have now filed a dispute with my bank. I am hoping to just get back the $159.95 along with the $44.00 in overdraft fees they caused, but since my budget is so tight right now, the overall effect has been almost $200.00 total in overdraft fees because of their 2 withdrawels.

I don't know what to do. If you have had a similar problem with this company, please email me I am looking into the possibility of a class action law-suit.
Please help! What this company is doing is wrong!!!

Sabrina
Marysville, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2002 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Wellness-Network/Wilmington-Delaware-19810/National-Wellness-Network-RIP-OFF-Wilmington-Delaware-30154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Wellness Network