Complaint Review: National Youth Sports

• Updated: Mon, November 12, 2012

• Reported By: AC — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
National Youth Sports
660 E Mohawk Ln #13 Phoenix, Arizona 85050 Internet United States of America

National Youth Sports Did not provide practice locations, leaving it up to parents to scramble to set up times with city parks to practice. City parks were not willing to work with parents associated with NYS. Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: NYS Practice Facilities

*UPDATE Employee: National Youth Sports

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response

I signed my child up for NYS baseball with the expectation there would be reserved places to practice and reserved places to play baseball.  Come to find out, parents are responsible for practice times and locations around the city.  It is getting dark in the evenings so now we must pay for lights to be on and no one in the city will reserve these parks to us because we are affiliated with NYS.  According to the parks, NYS should be reserving these places for us.  According to NYS, there is nothing they can do.  I am working mom who does not have time to run a baseball team.  Do not do NYS anything.  Little League all the way.   Shawn Conners, the owner is not will to help also.  I tried.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Youth-Sports/internet/National-Youth-Sports-Did-not-provide-practice-locations-leaving-it-up-to-parents-to-scr-950022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Youth Sports

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

NYS Practice Facilities

AUTHOR: NYS San Antonio - ()

I apologize for your experience. Shawn Connors nor any other Arizona employees are involved in the San Antonio franchise moving forward. We are under new management again except the owner (myself, Paul Tibbetts) is a Texas resident and is serving as the Director of all Sports in SA. Our new league outline supplies practice facilities through the Northeast and North side School Districts.

Additionally, if a team ever needs to reserve a practice facility through San Antonio Parks and Rec we can do that. The San Antonio city parks will not let individuals reserve the park because they require the NYS insurance policy (which comes with your child’s registration). NYS can provide this information to the city at no cost and help any team reserve a field. Some fields are first come first serve, so this is why we typically reserve through the school districts, but can always check with the city. It is important to note that some practice facilities with lights are not included in the NYS registration cost, so if a team would like to practice with lights they may have to pay, depending the cost the city charges NYS. The NYS registration cost covers all facilities on Saturdays, Referees, Jerseys, Insurance ect. Practice facilities with lights are not guaranteed with the registration cost.

Sincerely,

Paul Tibbetts

San Antonio Owner/Director

National Youth Sports

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

As a current employee, a past coach, and a past child participant of NYS; I can say with confidence that the league is very accommodating and always trying to help parents and coaches. I do understand the frustration of the original report. Practice facilities can be tough to book, but NYS does everything they can to help. NYS offers practice locations throughout North Phoenix. At the Mandatory Parent Meeting NYS hands out a packet with the locations NYS was able to book for the season. In fact, this season, NYS had practice availability at Reach 11 which is a very nice practice facility with lights to the Baseball and Softball teams.

NYS is primarily built as an affordable beginning league, so teams are encouraged to find a practice facility on their own. (ie public park.) NYS does however work with them if they are unable to do so.

NYS does not require teams to look into sponsorship's or fundraisers, so that you are able to play a sport at a minimum cost. It is a league built for beginning level players. If you are looking to spend more and play a more competitive league with extra cost and involvement I recommend Little league as well. Like I said, I have played in both and they are both great for children of all ages.

If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me anytime.
Paul Tibbetts
602 606 9579

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response

AUTHOR: NYS President - (USA)

National Youth Sports does reserve practice facilities for our teams to utilize.  We provide a list of these facilities, as well as, instructions on obtaining practice facilities from each entity provided.  Our registration form clearly states our policy in relation to practice facilities.  I have helped numerous individuals in this department, but cannot accommodate specific requests for locations, times, days, etc.  We provide ample space, but sometimes the space we have does not coordinate with everyone's schedule.  Our goal is to provide ample customer service in all areas and we work on trying to accommodate everyone's request in relation to practice facilities.  Options are always provided, but sometimes they do not fit the needs of everyone involved.  NYS stands by our program and policies that govern our league.  We make sure to provide all information to parents and coaches at a preseason meeting, prior to any practices starting, so that everyone can see what options are available in the area of practice facilities through our organization.  I would be happy to assist further in relation to this matter and can always assist as much as I can with any parent, coach, team needing any league assistance.