Complaint Review: Nationstar Mortgage

• Updated: Thu, November 17, 2011

• Reported By: Paola — Highland California United States of America
Nationstar Mortgage
PO Box 783 Dallas, Texas United States of America

Nationstar Mortgage Centex False representation of their practice. Epitome of corporate greed. Dallas, Texas

My loan was sold to Nationstar in 2005. I was informed of this, and it did not seem I had a choice in the matter. Due to a job loss and a decrease in hours, I contacted Nationstar and asked for a loan modification, re-fi, or whatever, to help me keep my home. I was initially told that the government programs set in place were perfect for me and that foreclosure could be avoided, this was all recanted later.

I asked for assistance from a non profit organization to help me prevent foreclosure. I qualified for each government program; however, Nationstar refuses to participate in these programs. Early this year I received a legal summons from Nationstar. Not having any reliable income, I sought the help of free legal aid clinics. I was told that Natinostar was suing me and that there was nothing they could do to help. I was told, "they have lawyers and money, you don't. Just walk away". Still not understanding WHAT and WHY I was being sued, I complied with the summons and filed a response.

I recently learned that the purpose of the summons was to clarify WHO actually holds my loan. I guess my loan was on the books for two different companies. I am interested to know exactly where my money was going. They never had any intention of helping us modify our loan. I have been told by many non profit organizations to "have a plan B" because Nationstar is not in the business of helping people stay in their homes. They would rather see homeless Americans, than allow for loan restructures.

Disgusting Greed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2011 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationstar-Mortgage/Dallas-Texas-75265/Nationstar-Mortgage-Centex-False-representation-of-their-practice-Epitome-of-corporate-gr-799236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationstar Mortgage