Complaint Review: Nationstar Mortgage

• Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: Eric — North Hollywood California United States of America
Nationstar Mortgage
350 Highland Dr Lewisville, Texas United States of America

Nationstar Mortgage 100% Disabled Veteran appears to have been discriminated against! Lewisville, Texas

I had previously been with Aurora Loan Services and had been trying to get a loan modification through them for almost 3 years!!  What a fiasco!  On July 23rd I received a letter from Nationstar Mortgage telling me that they are now my loan servicer. Aurora should have, by law, sent me a notification at least 15 days before the transfer but did not. Nationstar should have notified me 15 days after the transfer, they did not!

I went through Hope Now (HAMP) to start a new loan modification application. That was on August 20, 2012. I am a 100% Disabled Veteran and receive disability benefits.  I do not work, cannot work and therefore do not file income tax returns as I have no other source of income.

Nationstar has requested the IRS form 4506-T at least 10 times in 3 months time. Each time they tell me they need it filled out differently!  There are only 5 different ways to fill out this form!!  They also continually ask me for my last two paycheck stubs and my most recent tax return.

I got so frustrated with them that I call the IRS. The lady I spoke with said she would write them a letter stating they have no record of a 1040, 1040A or a 1040EZ on my social security number and to consider the letter verification of non-filing. She faxed me a copy and I immediately faxed it to Nationstar. That was October 30 and they have asked for the IRS form 4506-T 3 times since then.

I realize they can ask for any information they need for the loan modification process but this is getting close to grounds for discrimination. They have never asked for any other paperwork more than the first time except for an updated bank statement.

As I am on a fixed income, I do not have the finances to sue Nationstar but I would hope that an attorney would read my complaint along with all the others and help us do something about Nationstar and all the other shysters like them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 08:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationstar-Mortgage/Lewisville-Texas-75067/Nationstar-Mortgage-100-Disabled-Veteran-appears-to-have-been-discriminated-against-Lew-975284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationstar Mortgage