Complaint Review: Nationwide Auto and Home Insurance

• Updated: Sat, August 22, 2009

• Reported By: Nasser — DuBois Pennsylvania USA
Nationwide Auto and Home Insurance
One Nationwide Plaza /nationwide.com Internet United States of America

Nationwide Auto and Home Insurance Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and Affiliated Companies Nationwide On Your Side How often insurance companies give credits DuBois, Pennsylvania

I was a Nationwide customer for 5 years, and then in march 2009 my 17 years old stepdaughter got her DL, so we called our Nationwide agent to add her to our policy.

We were told that the policy well go up by $48, we accept that ( our policy monthly payment was around $138 for 2 cars and renter insurance.). BUT

When I received my bill for that month I was Charged $457, ( Some thing's WRONG)so, I contact my agent and I was told there was a mistake and it well be fixed,

and they well put hold on drafting the charges from my bank account till they fix it,

2 weeks passed with no respond from them, so I called again and I was told that I have to pay that amount ($457) before they'll be able to fix it!!!.

I went to State Farm Insurance Office and got a new policy for $174 a month, I contact my agent to cancel my account with Nationwide, the agent lady told me : my policy well be canceled due to no payment.

One month later I received a phone call from a collection agency on behalf of Nationwide Insurance to collect $421 WTF.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2009 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Auto-and-Home-Insurance/internet/Nationwide-Auto-and-Home-Insurance-Nationwide-Mutual-Insurance-Company-and-Affiliated-Comp-483997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Auto and Home Insurance