Complaint Review: Nationwide Collections, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, January 27, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2008

• Reported By:Plantation Florida
Nationwide Collections, Inc.
805 Virginia Avenue Fort Pierce, Florida U.S.A.

Nationwide Collections, Inc. Receive an illegal collection notice Fort Pierce Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Some enlightenment for Marc

Today I received an illegal collection notice from Nationwide Collections, Inc. regarding a 3 year old membership account with Columbia House. Columbia House never sent me 3 videos which I complained in not receiving. They billed me a sum of $50.96. I wrote on numerous occasions to receive the videos and then I would pay the amount. I never received the videos and terminated in writing with Columbia of which they accepted.

I have written to Nationwide Collections in Ft Pierce, Florida as well as to the owners of the company which their personal address is Philip and Vada McGarvey at 9407 Poinciana Ct, Ft Pierce, FL. In their letter, I have threatened with legal action, as well as damaging my credit. My credit is around a 800 BEACON Score. What they are about to find out is that I will be filing a mail fraud case with Columbia House, reporting the collection agency to the Attorney General's Office, the City of Ft Pierce, Office of Financial Regulation with the State of Florida, Chamber of Commerce of Ft Pierce, Federal Trade Commission, and the USPS - Postal Inspection Division. I am personally known to the former Attorney General of Florida, now Governor. We will see what they intend to do for $50.96? I intend to sue in small claims court if not resolved for $5,000.

I have just sent a letter to Mr. Clif Knight, EVP, Columbia House Corporate Hdqtrs, Legal and Business Affairs, One Penn Plaza, 250 W. 34 St, 5th Fl, NY, NY 10119 for action. I will also contact the USPS Postal Service Inspector on Columbia House, the Attorney General Offices in Indiana, NY and Florida. I have the means to create a website to confront Colubmia House if I wish.

Marc ****
Plantation, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2008 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Collections-Inc/Fort-Pierce-Florida-34982/Nationwide-Collections-Inc-Receive-an-illegal-collection-notice-Fort-Pierce-Florida-303899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Collections, Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Some enlightenment for Marc

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

First of all, the collection notice itself is NOT illegal. No law has been broken.
There is an established procedure in place for such disputes, which you need to follow. And, if you think the collection agency is going to just hand you $5000, you must be smoking crack.

Furthermore, no one likes a "name dropper". We don't care who you know. Not relevent here. We don't care what your means are either.

All you have to do is dispute the claim. Thats it. At this point they have to stop all collection activities until they validate the collection account.

They need to prove that you recieved the product in question. They know this.

As far as the reporting to the credit bureaus, you can sue them under the FCRA for an erroneous entry. If it actually lowered your score and caused you damages, you can sue for that under the FCRA.