Complaint Review: Nationwide Credit Services

• Submitted: Wed, January 19, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 19, 2005

• Reported By:columbia South Carolina
Nationwide Credit Services
2015 Vaughn Road Kennesaw, Georgia U.S.A.

Nationwide Credit Services ripoff fraudulent phone call trying to collect on nonexistent account from elderly father for account we don't have Kennesaw Georgia

I live with my elderly father. Two weeks ago he received a phone call from a young man who gave his name as "Tarius." The man launched into a big long monologue about how I, his daughter, have a long overdue credit card account with Exxon, and they know that I am unemployed and have no money, and the account is only $193 so wouldn't my dad like to give them a bank account number so they can withdraw the money and have the account paid and be done with it. Here's the big major problem: I don't have and have never had an Exxon account. I have not been unemployed since I was 16, and this guy was not only revealing third party information about a nonexistent account to my dad but trying to scam him into providing financial information. Thank God my dad is not stupid and hung up on the guy. When I got home that night I called the toll free number "Tarius" provided and got a supervisor. Explained situation to her. She said they have no one named Tarius employed, and that the company doesn't even handle Exxon cards but handles instead regional collections for DirectTV delinquent accounts, and that none of their collectors would have revealed all that third party information nor would they have tried to extort payment from someone who wasn't the debtor. She took information and also had me call the department head and I gave him relevant information.

Here's the problem. Guy who sounds remarkably like "Tarius" has called back two more times from this number about an "Exxon" account and a woman has also called. Same circumstance, same situation.
Whoever Nationwide Credit is, they either are lying through their teeth to me or they have one or two rogue collectors trying to extort money out of elderly people ala the CAMCO way of working.

One more call and we're going to litigate, also reporting this information to other appropriate official groups.

Rhiannon
forest lake, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2005 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Credit-Services/Kennesaw-Georgia/Nationwide-Credit-Services-ripoff-fraudulent-phone-call-trying-to-collect-on-nonexistent-a-128002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Credit Services