- Report: #1045778
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Nationwide Data Recovery
Nationwide Data Recovery12958 SW 133rd CT. MIAMI FL 33186 Miami, Florida United States of America
Nationwide Data Recovery NDR DID NOT PERFORM SERVICES CLAIMED Miami, Florida
*Author of original report: Issues Resolved
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
My drive was Hitachi 2.5 internal laptop drive. It started with random click and PCB (power board) itself was gone bad and it never came back up. My data was very important and so went ahead with NDR. Because HDD wasn't powering up, I knew I am looking at the NDR's the level 3 data-recovery (priced @ $499.00 flat all inclusive). I sent my drive to them.
Here are list of events:
- Then they told me that my drive head is bad and they will have to replace parts (head, pcb) and it will cost $129.00 (no refunds). And they mentioned that will leave the new replaced parts in when they return my drive.
- So I went ahead and paid them $129.00 and after couple of days they came back that the hard drive has been going through a bit by bit image copy. (I was hopeful)
- Later I was told it wasn't successful and they will have to even deeper scan (3 degree scan).
- Finally, I was told this "Unfortunately after many attempts to create a complete bit by bit image of the hard drive the decipherment of the image collected has not produced any results." and a paypal link to pay the return shipping.
I was still okay and send them return shipping and thinking that they tried their level best & my hdd is really really bad.
Here is when I became outraged. When I received the drive I checked (visually), it seemed it was opened but then I saw the back (PCB board) and immediately I knew it wasn't replaced. A new hard-drive (exactly same as mine) cost about $60-70 and they charged me $129.00 and still the very basic part wasn't replaced.
I am planning to send the hard drive to some other data-recovery provider because I believe NDR didn't even attempt the recovery.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Data-Recovery/Miami-Florida-33186/Nationwide-Data-Recovery-NDR-DID-NOT-PERFORM-SERVICES-CLAIMED-Miami-Florida-1045778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.