Complaint Review: Nationwide Envelopes

• Submitted: Fri, January 11, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 11, 2013

• Reported By: Prof Stevens — san francisco California United States of America
Nationwide Envelopes

Nationwide Envelopes dba envelopesuperstore.com is incompetent, lies, and constantly tries to extract more money, wastes time internet

They happily accepted our order and charged our credit card.

Long after a proof was promised, I was told that my order had to be upgraded to "4 Color" because their incompetent (and only; this is a mickey-mouse operation trying to get big on the internet) graphic artist could not process it as a 3 color (which it was) AT ADDITIONAL COST.

After I agreed to this extortion, I then get another email with a proof that was so pale it looked pathetic. The "graphic artist" then said that to make it look as bright as the original I sent him he would need to process it as CMYK for still another additional cost.

The end result was that I have lost a full week with an inept company that tried to force me into constant upgrades. And please note that, while I am certainly NOT a professional graphic artist by any means, I am extremely competent with Adobe Pagemaker and have worked with online printers for years, enjoying great relationships with 4over4.com, reducedprinting.com,  postcardservices.com, actionenvelope.com, among many others. The minor changes that might be needed to make my files compliant with their process are almost always done for free, or for a nominal charge like $25.

Lastly, after we refused to provide further funds, and then accused of being rude for telling them I was sick of being extorted, they are now stalling with my refund, saying my bank needs to take care of it, while my bank says (correctly) that they cannot unilaterally reverse a charge without their cooperation. Will file another report if this continues to be a problem.

SUMMARY: Their quoted prices are the lowest on the internet, but they will not honor the price in the end, and their one unskilled graphic artist will ruin your order. Strongly recommend against doing business with this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2013 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Envelopes/internet/Nationwide-Envelopes-dba-envelopesuperstorecom-is-incompetent-lies-and-constantly-trie-995242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Envelopes