Complaint Review: Nationwide Home Warranty

• Submitted: Wed, July 09, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 09, 2008

• Reported By:Winter Springs Florida
Nationwide Home Warranty
PO Box 341 New York, New York U.S.A.

Nationwide Home Warranty - HORRIBLE Service!! Removing fees from my account after cancelling!! FRAUD! New York New York

I signed up with Nationwide in January, at the end of Feburary, my hot water heater went out. They sent someone over to look at it and the guy told me it needed to be replaced, that he had to call it in. After speaking with Nationwide he told me he could fix it, Nationwide told them to repair it and send me the bill! I called into Nationwide and told them I wanted to know why they would have something repaired that would only break again - the man I spoke with was named John, out of New York and was very rude! He actually yelled at me then when I started yelling back he hung up on me! I called back, cancelled my service and went with Old Republic (very good company! I recommed it to all of you that have been burned by NW)

The start of the 2nd qtr, I saw Nationwide automatically removed my 1/4 pymt, I called the bank and disputed the charge then called Nationwide again, I was told it would be taken care of. I just hung up the phone from some guy named Chris (who is of course the supervisor) who hung up on me too! I called back (of course) and got him again, only after threatening to file a claim against them for fraud did he tell me what I needed to do to have them stop taking money from me.

I would not suggest ever dealing with this company and I truly hope this prevents some people from signing up with them! Go with Old Republic, they are a little more expensive but they get a contractor out the same day or night to fix the problem and the customer service people are very helpful, plus it's sad to say - it's nice that no one hangs up on me anymore!

Ddr
Winter Springs, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2008 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Home-Warranty/New-York-New-York-10013/Nationwide-Home-Warranty-HORRIBLE-Service-Removing-fees-from-my-account-after-cancelli-349304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Home Warranty