Complaint Review: Nationwide Home Warranty

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2009

• Reported By:Winslow Maine
Nationwide Home Warranty
nationwidehomewarranty.com New York, New York U.S.A.

Nationwide Home Warranty They will do anything to not cover you. New York New York

I had a thermostat control go bad on my oil burner, the aquastat control. They refused to cover my claim.

First they said I never had it maintained, so I sent them the copies of my invoice where THEIR contractor performed the annual tune up and inspection. They still refused and said I did not show that the specific item was maintained properly.

I had their contractor and the manufacurer provide a statement saying the aquastat control cannot be service or maintained. Nationwide Home Warranty still refused to cover it.

I did have a plugged boiler in the summer. Nationwide has said that because of this, they will not cover the control. I, again, went to THEIR contractor and manufacturer who provided a statements explaining that a plugged boiler would not have any effect on the aquastat control. Guess what, they still refuse to cover my claim and now they want invoices from the previous owners, who there is no way I can track down.

I filed a complaint with the State AG and the BBB, but that doesn't do much good. The only true option for me is to file small claims against them, but it would only be for $300 and I would have to file it in NYC, when I live 8 hours away.

Nationwide Home Warranty is a complete RIPOFF and I wish there was something I could do about it.

Jeff
Winslow, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2009 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Home-Warranty/New-York-New-York-10013/Nationwide-Home-Warranty-They-will-do-anything-to-not-cover-you-New-York-New-York-417638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Home Warranty